Making a circuit from a given data

• Engineering
  • Thread starter Vyts
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit Data
In summary, the conversation discusses making circuits with 3 different types of elements and the difficulty of working with 6 variables. The speaker has tried using OR gates and has drawn a K-map, but is wondering if there is a way to further minimize the boolean function.
Vyts
Hi,
I have a function from which I need to make a circuits with 3 different types of elements: OR, AND and Multiplexer. I have tried doing something, it looks quite easy when working with 2 or 3 variables, but I don't know how to work with 6 and it starts giving me a headache...
1. f(9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 22, 41, 42, 43, 46, 49, 50, 51, 54, 61, 62, 63)
3. I have done this with OR gates: /x1/x2x3/x4x6 + /x1/x2x3x5 + /x1/x2x3x4x6 + x1x2/x3/x4x6 + x1/x2x3/x4x6 + x1x2/x3x5/x6 + x1/x2x3x5/x6 + x2/x3x4x5/x6 + x1x3x4x5/x6 + x1x2x3x4x6
Would it be possible to minimize this somehow?

Physics news on Phys.org
Vyts said:
Hi,
I have a function from which I need to make a circuits with 3 different types of elements: OR, AND and Multiplexer. I have tried doing something, it looks quite easy when working with 2 or 3 variables, but I don't know how to work with 6 and it starts giving me a headache...
1. f(9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 22, 41, 42, 43, 46, 49, 50, 51, 54, 61, 62, 63)
3. I have done this with OR gates: /x1/x2x3/x4x6 + /x1/x2x3x5 + /x1/x2x3x4x6 + x1x2/x3/x4x6 + x1/x2x3/x4x6 + x1x2/x3x5/x6 + x1/x2x3x5/x6 + x2/x3x4x5/x6 + x1x3x4x5/x6 + x1x2x3x4x6
Would it be possible to minimize this somehow?

Have you drawn a K-map?

Yes, I have. That boolean function was made from the map.

Vyts said:
Yes, I have. That boolean function was made from the map.

Well then it's probably already optimized, no?

I would suggest using a circuit design software or a Boolean algebra calculator to help minimize the circuit. These tools can help simplify the logic and reduce the number of gates needed, making the circuit more efficient and easier to understand. Additionally, it may be helpful to break down the function into smaller sections and then combine them to create the final circuit. It is also important to carefully analyze the function and consider different ways to represent it in a circuit, such as using NAND or NOR gates instead of OR and AND gates. With some experimentation and problem-solving, you should be able to find a more efficient way to create the circuit for this function.

1. How do I determine the appropriate components for a circuit based on given data?

The first step in making a circuit from given data is to carefully analyze the data and determine the required specifications for the circuit. This includes the voltage, current, and resistance values needed. Once you have this information, you can then select the appropriate components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors to meet these specifications.

2. Can I use any circuit design software for making a circuit from given data?

Yes, there are many circuit design software programs available that can help you create a circuit based on given data. These programs allow you to enter the required specifications and then suggest the appropriate components and layout for the circuit. Some popular options include LTSpice, CircuitMaker, and EasyEDA.

3. What are the steps for creating a circuit from given data?

To create a circuit from given data, you first need to analyze the data and determine the required specifications. Then, you can select the appropriate components and use a circuit design software to create the circuit layout. After that, you will need to build the circuit on a breadboard or PCB and test it to ensure it functions correctly.

4. Can I make a circuit from given data without any prior experience?

While some basic knowledge of electronics is recommended, it is possible to make a circuit from given data without any prior experience. You can use circuit design software to help you select the components and create the layout, and there are many tutorials and resources available online to guide you through the process.

5. How can I troubleshoot issues when making a circuit from given data?

If your circuit is not functioning correctly, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take. First, double-check that all the components are connected correctly and in the right orientation. If the issue persists, you can use a multimeter to test the voltage and current at different points in the circuit to identify any potential problems. If you are still unable to solve the issue, you may need to consult with an experienced electronics engineer for assistance.