Electronic Books: Finding the Right One for You

In summary, electronic books, also known as e-books, offer a convenient and portable way to access and read books. With a wide variety of options available, it's important to consider factors such as device compatibility, file formats, and cost when choosing the right e-book for you. Additionally, features such as adjustable font size and built-in dictionaries can enhance the reading experience. Ultimately, it's a matter of personal preference and finding an e-book that meets your individual needs and preferences.
o0Vox
Does anyone know of any useful electronic books? I've gone through a lot of books and none have satisfied me. I'm not looking for a basic electronics book. I'm looking for a book that actually shows you how to parameterize a circuit with differential equations. Like how to find the current at each point for let's say a parallel RCL circuit. The only good book I have found is Practical Electronics for Inventors. It doesn't go in as much depth as I would like it too and he complains about the math involved frequently which is just stupid to write in an electronic book. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Andrew

Engineering news on Phys.org
I cut my teeth on "Electric Circuits" by Nilsson and Riedel. You can probably find it used (or an old edition) very cheap. The basics don't need to be up-to-date.

carlgrace said:
I cut my teeth on "Electric Circuits" by Nilsson and Riedel. You can probably find it used (or an old edition) very cheap. The basics don't need to be up-to-date.

Thanks. I'm trying to find a PDF file but all the sites that had it uploaded had it taken down. The cheapest I'm seeing is around 100 dollars...I don't think I can afford that.

Two textbooks on my shelf, Electronic Devices by Floyd, and Electronic Circuits by Seely, each cover that kind of information. Floyd is newer, and is written for more novice students, but has very good examples that are easy to follow. My copy of Seely is copyright 1968, so it has a lot of tube theory, but it also covers transistors. Of course, the math is still relevant, and it is much more advanced than Floyd.

o0Vox said:
Thanks. I'm trying to find a PDF file but all the sites that had it uploaded had it taken down. The cheapest I'm seeing is around 100 dollars...I don't think I can afford that.

Get one of these. 7th edition. Even if you print out the PDF it is a lot easier to learn with a physical book, in my opinion.

And don't bother to learn about tubes. If you get a book with tubes in it, skip those sections. The number of jobs dealing with tubes is so small you could just learn about them at that point.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0131465929/?tag=pfamazon01-20

carlgrace said:
Get one of these. 7th edition. Even if you print out the PDF it is a lot easier to learn with a physical book, in my opinion.

And don't bother to learn about tubes. If you get a book with tubes in it, skip those sections. The number of jobs dealing with tubes is so small you could just learn about them at that point.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0131465929/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I ordered the book and got it yesterday. It is pretty much exactly everything I was looking for. Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
J. David Irwin, R. Mark Nelms- Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis- (Wiley) is my choice. Go here to get pdf version -

http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

Search and download.

***In the mirrors list click on "free-books.us.to"
#It has many coloured pages so the size is a bit large (160 MB).

o0Vox said:
Does anyone know of any useful electronic books? I've gone through a lot of books and none have satisfied me. I'm not looking for a basic electronics book. I'm looking for a book that actually shows you how to parameterize a circuit with differential equations. Like how to find the current at each point for let's say a parallel RCL circuit. The only good book I have found is Practical Electronics for Inventors. It doesn't go in as much depth as I would like it too and he complains about the math involved frequently which is just stupid to write in an electronic book. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Andrew

HI,

I am looking for the ''Physics of Quantom electronics vol.8 chap.5'' I could no where find this book or journal or the conference proceeding . does anybody have an Idea How can find
this ?

Regards,
Marya

1. What are electronic books?

Electronic books, also known as eBooks, are digital versions of printed books that can be read on electronic devices such as computers, tablets, and e-readers. They typically come in different file formats, such as PDF, EPUB, and MOBI, and can be downloaded or accessed online.

2. How do I choose the right electronic book for me?

Choosing the right electronic book depends on your personal preferences and the device you will be using to read it. Consider the file format that is compatible with your device, the genre and subject matter of the book, and any additional features or functionalities that you may want, such as audio or interactive elements.

3. Are electronic books better than traditional books?

This is a subjective question and depends on personal preference. Some people prefer the tactile experience of holding a physical book, while others enjoy the convenience and portability of electronic books. Electronic books also offer additional features like adjustable font sizes and the ability to search for keywords, which can be helpful for some readers.

4. Can I share electronic books with others?

It depends on the copyright and licensing of the book. Some electronic books allow for sharing among devices and users, while others may have restrictions. It is important to read the terms and conditions before sharing an electronic book with others.

5. Are electronic books more environmentally friendly than traditional books?

Electronic books do not require paper, ink, or transportation to produce and distribute, making them a more environmentally friendly option. However, the production and disposal of electronic devices can also have an impact on the environment. It is best to consider the overall lifecycle of both types of books when assessing their environmental impact.