What is the Maximum that a Time Base can be Divided ?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the achievement of getting double the amount of bandwidths from a time base by dividing the clock frequency in such a way that 20 sequential parallel outputs of 100Hz can be achieved instead of the expected 10. The speaker has designed this on Multisim and is now looking for suggestions on the best and easiest FPGA kit to use for implementation. They also mention reaching a point where further division is not possible according to the laws of Division and wondering what to call this.
JD1
what am i doing if I am getting double the amount bandwidths from a time base ?

Hia

So here i have a clock frequency be divided and i have achieved to divide it in such a way that out of let's say,( keep it simple eh, ) 1KHz, if i divide this by 10, i would get 10 sequential parallel outputs at 100Hz each, but i have achieved to get 20 sequential parallel outputs of 100Hz,

thankyou

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org

JD1 said:
Hia

So here i have a clock frequency be divided and i have achieved to divide it in such a way that out of let's say,( keep it simple eh, ) 1KHz, if i divide this by 10, i would get 10 sequential parallel outputs at 100Hz each, but i have achieved to get 20 sequential parallel outputs of 100Hz,

thankyou

Show us your code so we can see what you did.

Thats just it, i haven't yet put it into code, i designed it on Multisim see, now I'm looking at using FPGA's to put it in, any ideas on 2 things..

whats the best and easiest FPGA kit to get ?

takin into consideration that I've just taken Time Division to a point whereby it cannot be divided any more according to the laws of Division, what do i call this ?

regards

derrick

Last edited:

What is the maximum that a time base can be divided?

The maximum that a time base can be divided is dependent on the specific time base and its capabilities. Some time bases can be divided into fractions of a second, while others may be able to divide time into milliseconds or even microseconds.

How does the maximum time base division affect the accuracy of measurements?

The maximum time base division can greatly impact the accuracy of measurements. A higher division can result in more precise measurements, while a lower division may introduce more error into the measurements.

What factors should be considered when determining the maximum time base division?

The maximum time base division should be determined based on the specific needs of the experiment or measurement. Factors such as the desired accuracy, the speed of the event being measured, and the capabilities of the time base should all be taken into consideration.

Can the maximum time base division be changed during an experiment?

In most cases, the maximum time base division cannot be changed during an experiment. However, some advanced time bases may have the capability to adjust the division during the experiment.

How does the maximum time base division differ between analog and digital time bases?

Analog and digital time bases have different maximum division capabilities. Analog time bases typically have a higher maximum division, while digital time bases may have a finite number of divisions due to their digital nature.