Why Does My Computer Fail to Connect to the Internet at the Start of Each Month?

• Thread starter crazy student
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the speaker's computer is failing to connect to the internet at the beginning of each month. Restoring the computer has worked in the past, but this time it is not solving the issue. Other computers in the network are functioning well and there is no virus detected on the hard disk. The speaker suspects that there may be a setting on their computer or their ISP's server causing the problem, possibly related to their monthly paid connection. They rule out the possibility of a virus due to the consistent timing of the issue.
crazy student
My computer is connected to the Net through wireless LAN network.
It(my computer) fails to connect to the Net at the beginning of each month,
after I restored my computer a few days backwards, the problem was solved.
But this time I can't solve by restoring, my computer can continually connect to the Net though, but most of the time it fails. NB other computers in the network can function well, and the transmit signal to my computer is fairly good.
What's the problem with my computer?
It must not be the problem of hardware, otherwise it couldn't be solved by restoring.
Virus scanning also shows that there is no virus on my harddisk...
I wonder if it is the setting of my comp. changes every beginning of the month, if it is so, how can I stop it?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Is it a problem of your computer or your ISP? Assuming that you have a monthly paid connection, there are chances that your ISP has some setting on their server that hampers your connection. I deduce this from the fact that the problem comes at the beginning of every month. Viruses will generally not work with such a good periodicity - they tend to be random.

1. What are some common problems with the internet?

Some common problems with the internet include slow internet speeds, connectivity issues, security concerns, and technical glitches.

2. How can I troubleshoot internet connection problems?

To troubleshoot internet connection problems, try restarting your router, checking your network settings, and running a virus scan. You can also contact your internet service provider for assistance.

3. Why is my internet so slow?

There are several reasons why your internet may be slow, including a large number of connected devices, outdated equipment, or network congestion. It's also possible that your internet plan does not provide enough bandwidth for your needs.

4. What can I do to improve my internet speed?

To improve your internet speed, try upgrading your internet plan, using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi, limiting the number of connected devices, and clearing your browser's cache. You can also consult with your internet service provider for tips on optimizing your connection.

5. How can I protect my personal information while using the internet?

To protect your personal information while using the internet, make sure to use secure websites (indicated by "https" in the URL), avoid clicking on suspicious links or downloading unknown attachments, and use strong and unique passwords for your accounts. It's also important to regularly update your security software and be cautious when sharing personal information online.