Skeptic interviews alien abduction expert(Dr. David Jacobs)

In summary: But it is a very important part of their agenda.In summary, the interviewee believes that a goal-directed program is going on, in which humans are being abducted and experimented on in order to create a race of hybrids that are "more human than anything else."
PIT2
Here Dr. David Jacobs is interviewed by Aaron Sakulich:

Dr. Jacobs: There's nothing overtly different about these people, it is a global phenomenon. It is not, this is extremely important to understand, not strictly an American phenomenon. It spans the world, it spans cultures, it spans every conceivable kind of line you could put up. Educational, intellectual, geographic, political, economic, social, cultural, every line, religious, ethnic, racial, whatever it is, it cuts across these lines. And it is extremely widespread. So we're dealing with a very large phenomenon with a lot of people, people who are from...people who have never quite been able to get it together, people who have never held a job, who have dropped out of elementary school, to people who have PhDs and are in very high functioning positions throughout society, or other professional degrees. They all say the same thing, it doesn't matter who they are, they all say the same thing. And they say it in tremendous detail. It's not like 'I was abducted, and I really liked them, and they really liked me, and they put me back and I forgot about it.' There's a series of procedures that are administered to them, physical, mental and reproductive, there's a lot of other things that happen as well. This all happens in fairly narrow confines. If this were psychological, there wouldn't be these confines, and they are so precise and detailed that we know the function of instruments, we know what procedures lead to other procedures...
http://www.thetriangle.org/media/paper689/news/2005/09/30/SciTech/Skeptic.Questions.Famed.Ufo.Enthusiast-1004465.shtml

The first two pages (introduction)may be a bit dull, but it gets quite interesting after that.

Does anyone disagree with something said in the interview?

Heres another interesting quote:

Aaron Sakulich: Could you talk a little about where you believe your research has led you?

David Jacobs: Well, what people began to describe early on, even before I began to do my own hypnosis, was that they'd see these weird looking babies, that were sort of half-human, half-alien. Some looked quite human, some looked quite alien. They'd see them as toddlers, as little kids, and eventually we uncovered many many accounts of seeing older kids, adolescents, young adults, and as adults. And we would see them therefore in different roles onboard the ship; helping with abductions, doing this or doing that, depending on their age. And one of the great questions we always had was, if this is happening, and this is a capital I, if this is happening, why is it happening? What's the point here? It didn't seem to be a study or experiment, it seemed to be more of a program. It was almost assembly-line fashion. People being abducted over and over again, seeing these things that happened. It really was industrial, almost. And it was happening around the world, so you knew right away that there was a lot of time and energy being put into this program. As a program, it is therefore goal-directed. It has a reason, and it started at sometime. You figure if it's goal directed, there's a beginning, a middle and an end. If the goal is getting resources, the end will be when they use up all the resources. There's got to be a beginning, a middle and an end to most programs. And this one seemed to have that. And from time to time, people would have these experiences, and the first time I heard it I said "forget it", but I heard it enough times to take note. They'd be shown a screen, and on the screen would be, for example, and American style picnic. Bunch of people standing around, barbecue going, some people playing ball, throwing a ball back and forth, they'd see it on this screen. Maybe there's other abductees with them, that are seeing this too. In their minds, they hear somebody speaking to them, who says "can you tell the difference between us and you?" And the people will look at the screen, see these people standing around like everything's fine, and they'll say "no, I can't. Everybody looks the same to me, what are you talking about?" They're puzzled that this question is even being asked, because the screen shows just regular people. And the voice will go "see, isn't that wonderful? Isn't that great? Soon we will all be together. We'll all be living together, here, essentially, you can't tell the difference, and we'll just be here, and it'll all be wonderful." I began to hear that so many times that I began to realize that these hybrids, the ones who look more human than anything else, and who look like 'us', as they are (and there's a reason for this, and I've sort of discovered how they do this) this might be an integration program into this society for reasons we cannot understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Right off the bat I have to take exception to the claim that everyone reports exactly the same thing. That just isn't true at all. A certain percentage of the stories of encounters with aliens don't even have an abduction element to them.

The stories I've read run a chaotic gamut and details about every aspect of the experience are very different from one report to the next. Despite the common image of the small grey, the aliens don't actually have a consistant appearance from one report to the next. Some people are merely "visited" by the aliens, some are taken to vague, strange places, and some are taken to a "ship".

The screen he mentions in his second quote, for instance, is the very first time I've ever heard of this in the dozens of these reports I've read.

zoobyshoe said:
Right off the bat I have to take exception to the claim that everyone reports exactly the same thing. That just isn't true at all. A certain percentage of the stories of encounters with aliens don't even have an abduction element to them.

Then they wouldn't pertain to issue of abductions.

The stories I've read run a chaotic gamut and details about every aspect of the experience are very different from one report to the next. Despite the common image of the small grey, the aliens don't actually have a consistant appearance from one report to the next. Some people are merely "visited" by the aliens, some are taken to vague, strange places, and some are taken to a "ship".

The screen he mentions in his second quote, for instance, is the very first time I've ever heard of this in the dozens of these reports I've read.

I don't implicitly buy into the abduction claims, but as far as I know, everything that you have said is inaccurate. And of the hundreds or even thousands of reports that I'm familiar with or read, I know of many stories that involve a screen. A few dozen reports hardly constitutes a sample of the phenomenon. I've read this much in a night.

Ivan Seeking said:
I don't implicitly buy into the abduction claims, but as far as I know, everything that you have said is inaccurate.
Not in the least.
And of the hundreds or even thousands of reports that I'm familiar with or read, I know of many stories that involve a screen.
You are just proving my point. You only know of "many" stories with a screen. This guy is saying they all report the same thing, no matter who they are, and in great detail. There are big differences in detail is just the famous stories: The Hills were walked bodily from their car into the parked saucer, Travis Walton was pulled up into the ship by a kind of tractor beam, and Whitley Strieber was floated from his bed in a kind of OBE, as I recall. The stories aren't all the same.

I haven't read hundreds of abduction accounts, but perhaps a few dozen, let's say 50. The ones I've read were quite diverse. There were a few with a screen, some of which, if remember correctly, showed planet Earth being destroyed by some kind of disaster.

I think this video portrays the 'average' abduction account:
http://www.ufocasebook.com/visitors.ram
(need realplayer or realplayer alternative, be patient while it loads)

The whole abduction phenomena has me confused, because some cases seem credible (multiple independent witnesses, physical traces, scars), while others sound like complete fairy tales. Of course my sources may not be reliable.

I didnt agree with some of the things Dr. Jacos said, such as that the aliens all look identical. Other parts I agree with, such as that sleep paralysis cannot be an explanation. Its actually getting a bit silly that this is still brought forth as an explanation.

Here are some different abduction cases:

1. http://play.rbn.com/?url=usanet/usanet/g2demand/scifi/diaries/intro_80k.rm&proto=rtsp

2. http://play.rbn.com/?url=usanet/usanet/g2demand/scifi/diaries/phillip_80k.rm&proto=rtsp

3. http://play.rbn.com/?url=usanet/usanet/g2demand/scifi/diaries/kathy_80k.rm&proto=rtsp

4. http://play.rbn.com/?url=usanet/usanet/g2demand/scifi/diaries/bill_80k.rm&proto=rtsp

5. http://play.rbn.com/?url=usanet/usanet/g2demand/scifi/diaries/michael_80k.rm&proto=rtsp

6. http://play.rbn.com/?url=usanet/usanet/g2demand/scifi/diaries/landi_80k.rm&proto=rtsp

7. http://play.rbn.com/?url=usanet/usanet/g2demand/scifi/diaries/sandy_80k.rm&proto=rtsp

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Is there any scientific evidence to support the claims of alien abductions?

While there have been numerous anecdotal reports and personal testimonies of alien abductions, there is currently no scientific evidence to support these claims. The lack of physical evidence, such as alien spacecraft or biological samples, makes it difficult to scientifically validate the existence of alien abductions.

2. How does Dr. David Jacobs gather information about alien abductions?

Dr. David Jacobs is a retired historian and researcher who has conducted extensive interviews with self-proclaimed alien abductees. He primarily relies on their personal testimonies and uses hypnotic regression techniques to uncover hidden memories of their alleged encounters with extraterrestrial beings.

3. What are some common characteristics of alleged alien abductions reported by Dr. David Jacobs' interviewees?

According to Dr. David Jacobs, some common characteristics reported by alleged abductees include being taken from their homes or cars, being subjected to medical examinations, and having implants or devices placed in their bodies. Many also report feeling paralyzed and unable to move during the experience.

4. How does the scientific community view the work of Dr. David Jacobs?

The scientific community largely views the work of Dr. David Jacobs with skepticism and criticism. Many argue that his methods, such as the use of hypnosis, are not scientifically sound and can lead to the creation of false memories. Additionally, his research has not been published in reputable scientific journals.

5. What are some alternative explanations for the reported alien abductions?

Some skeptics suggest that the reported alien abductions may be a result of sleep paralysis, a sleep disorder that can cause individuals to experience a sense of being awake but unable to move. Others propose that the stories may be a result of a combination of psychological factors, such as false memories and suggestibility.