Wanted: Solubility curve of Ca(OH)2

In summary, a solubility curve is a graphical representation of the relationship between the solubility of a substance and temperature. It is important to know the solubility curve of Ca(OH)2 because it helps us understand the behavior of this compound in different temperatures and predict its solubility in a given solvent. The curve is determined by conducting experiments and can be affected by temperature, pressure, and the presence of other substances. It has practical applications in industries such as cement production and pharmaceuticals, as well as in education.
1/2"
Hey Everybody,
Can anybody please give me a solubilty curve for Calcium Hydroxide.(I couldn't find one)
I would be happy if anybody could provide me with one.
Thanks very much:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
As a function of temperature? Any Chemical Handbook will have data. Try CRC Handbook for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is all i know about your topic...(sorry) :( ...

* Calcium Hydroxide belongs to the group of substances for which solubility decreases with rising temperature.

1. What is a solubility curve?

A solubility curve is a graphical representation of the relationship between the solubility of a substance and temperature. It shows the maximum amount of the substance that can be dissolved in a given amount of solvent at various temperatures.

2. Why is it important to know the solubility curve of Ca(OH)2?

Knowing the solubility curve of Ca(OH)2 is important because it allows us to understand the behavior of this compound in different temperatures and predict how much of it will dissolve in a given solvent. This information is useful for various industrial and scientific applications, such as determining the appropriate conditions for creating a solution of a specific concentration.

3. How is the solubility curve of Ca(OH)2 determined?

The solubility curve of Ca(OH)2 is determined by conducting experiments where varying amounts of the compound are added to a known amount of solvent at different temperatures. The resulting solutions are then tested to determine the exact amount of Ca(OH)2 that has dissolved. This data is then plotted on a graph to create the solubility curve.

4. What factors can affect the solubility of Ca(OH)2?

The solubility of Ca(OH)2 can be affected by several factors, including temperature, pressure, and the presence of other substances in the solution. As temperature increases, the solubility of Ca(OH)2 also increases. Pressure does not have a significant effect on its solubility. However, the presence of other substances, such as acids, can decrease the solubility of Ca(OH)2 through a process known as common ion effect.

5. How can the solubility curve of Ca(OH)2 be used in real life?

The solubility curve of Ca(OH)2 can be used in various real-life applications, such as in the production of cement. The curve helps engineers and scientists determine the optimal temperature and concentration of Ca(OH)2 needed for the production of concrete. It can also be used in the pharmaceutical industry to determine the most effective temperature for dissolving Ca(OH)2 in medications. Additionally, the solubility curve is used in educational settings to teach students about solubility and how it is affected by temperature.