ITouch application: disable video, keep audio saving battery life

In summary, The speaker is looking for an application that allows them to listen to audio while exercising on their first generation Apple iTouch. They have searched for such an application on iTunes with no luck and are now hoping their friend, who is developing iPod applications, will be able to create one for them.
rhody
Gold Member
I have a first generation Apple iTouch 16 GB, and frequently download podcasts to watch and listen to. With over 1 million applications written, I have searched in vain to locate an application that will allow you to launch a video, and instead of displaying video and audio to suppress the video, allowing you to listen to the audio while bicycling/exercising, etc... saving battery life.

Has such an application been written, and if so what is it's name so I can purchase/download from iTunes ?

Thanks in advance...

Rhody...

Computer science news on Phys.org
I have a work buddy, who has just downloaded the SDK to develop iPod applications.

He is going to attempt to research and write the application I requested in the above post.

I told him if he sells it to iTunes I get a one time royalty fee. lol

I will report back if he succeeds in creating it.

Rhody...:biggrin:

Hello Rhody,

Thank you for your question. I understand the importance of maximizing battery life in electronic devices. I am not aware of a specific application that allows you to disable video and only save audio on your iTouch, but there are a few options you can explore.

First, you can try using the built-in "Screen Time" feature on your iTouch. This allows you to set time limits for specific apps, including videos. By setting a time limit for the video app, it will automatically shut off after the designated time, allowing you to continue listening to the audio without draining the battery.

Another option is to download a podcast app that has the option to play audio only. For example, the "Podbean" app has a feature that allows you to play audio only, even if the podcast has video content.

Lastly, you can try using an external battery pack to extend the battery life of your iTouch while using video or audio. These can be purchased online or at electronic stores.

I hope this helps and I wish you luck in finding a solution that works for you. Keep exploring the app store and experimenting with different settings on your iTouch to find the best solution for your needs.

Best,

1. How do I disable video on my ITouch application?

To disable video on your ITouch application, go to the settings menu and select the option for video settings. From there, you can toggle the video off or adjust the video quality to a lower setting.

2. Can I still save audio while disabling video on my ITouch application?

Yes, you can still save audio while disabling video on your ITouch application. Simply make sure the option for audio is selected in the settings menu.

3. Will disabling video on my ITouch application really save battery life?

Yes, by disabling video on your ITouch application, you are reducing the amount of processing power and battery usage required for video playback. This can significantly save battery life.

4. What if I want to disable video for only certain apps on my ITouch?

Some ITouch applications may allow you to disable video within their individual settings. If this option is not available, you may need to adjust the video settings for your entire device.

5. Is there a way to automatically disable video on my ITouch application?

Some ITouch devices may have a battery saving mode that automatically disables certain features, such as video, to conserve battery life. You can also manually disable video whenever you want through the settings menu.

Back