Show Folder/subcategory in subscritions list

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter The Chaz
  • Start date
In summary, showing a folder or subcategory in the subscriptions list helps users organize and manage their subscriptions more efficiently. This can be done by creating a new folder or subcategory and adding desired subscriptions to it. Multiple folders or subcategories can be created and changes can be made to their names or deletion. However, showing a folder or subcategory will not affect the subscriptions in any way.
The Chaz
Having migrated over here from some other forum, I am fond of the feature to see the Topic/thread name along with the folder (?) that it's in.
e.g. When I go to "My PF", I would see all of your helpful responses to "Show Folder/sub..." IN "Forum feedback and Announcements" (with a link).

Hmm... I have a notification! Hope it's not a demerit.

Physics news on Phys.org
bump? Maybe I lack sufficient clout for a reply...

Are you referring to "Threaded" or "Hybrid" thread display modes?

A cursory search of those terms doesn't help my ignorance. To what are you referring?

1. What is the purpose of showing a folder or subcategory in the subscriptions list?

The purpose of showing a folder or subcategory in the subscriptions list is to help users organize and manage their subscriptions. By being able to group similar subscriptions together, it makes it easier for users to find and access the content they are interested in.

2. How do I show a folder or subcategory in my subscriptions list?

This will depend on the platform or application you are using. Generally, you can do this by going to your subscriptions list and selecting the option to create a new folder or subcategory. You can then add your desired subscriptions to this folder or subcategory.

3. Can I create multiple folders or subcategories in my subscriptions list?

Yes, most platforms and applications allow you to create multiple folders or subcategories in your subscriptions list. This can be helpful if you have a large number of subscriptions and want to further organize and categorize them.

4. Will showing a folder or subcategory affect my subscriptions in any way?

No, showing a folder or subcategory will not affect your subscriptions in any way. It is simply a way to organize and group your subscriptions for easier access and management.

5. Can I change the name or delete a folder or subcategory in my subscriptions list?

Yes, you can typically change the name or delete a folder or subcategory in your subscriptions list. This can be done by accessing the folder or subcategory and selecting the appropriate option to edit or delete it.