Is the KeK preprint library down? (or KeK itself)

• Thread starter Hepth
  • Start date
In summary, the KeK preprint library is currently down, causing difficulties for users trying to access its resources. This is a major setback for researchers and scientists who rely on the library for their work. Efforts are being made to address the issue and restore the functionality of the KeK preprint library as soon as possible.
Hepth
Gold Member
Perhaps due to the earthquake? Or does anyone know if it is just offline for some other reason (or for good).

I was trying to access this paper :
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/spires/find/hep/www?irn=2719169

as I lazily didn't want to have to walk over to the library to copy it, and I noticed none of the scanned KeK pdfs work for ANY articles.

Anyone have info on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
There are still power outages at KEK: http://www.kek.jp/quake/en/index.html The preprint server is low on the list of problems they are facing.

Last edited by a moderator:
A tsunami over the Library of Alexandria would be identical damage. Hope that they have a backup.

1. What is the KeK preprint library?

The KeK preprint library is an online repository of scientific literature, specifically preprints, which are manuscripts that have not yet been peer-reviewed or published in a scientific journal.

2. Is the KeK preprint library down?

At times, the KeK preprint library may experience technical issues or maintenance, which can result in temporary downtime. However, the library is typically up and running and accessible to users.

3. How can I access the KeK preprint library?

The KeK preprint library can be accessed through its website, which is typically available 24/7. Users can also access preprints through various search engines and databases that index content from the KeK preprint library.

4. What kind of content can be found on the KeK preprint library?

The KeK preprint library contains preprints from a wide range of scientific disciplines, including physics, mathematics, computer science, and more. These preprints may cover a variety of topics and may be authored by researchers from around the world.

5. Is the KeK preprint library a reliable source of information?

The KeK preprint library is a reputable source of scientific literature, as it follows strict standards for indexing and hosting preprints. However, since preprints have not yet been peer-reviewed, they should be used with caution and not considered as definitive evidence or conclusions in research.