Rate My Professors: Reviews of U.S. and Canada Teachers

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rating
In summary, the conversation revolved around the website ratemyprofessors.com, which provides reviews and ratings for teachers in the US and Canada. The site also features a collection of funny ratings, including one for an "evil computer science teaching robot" and another for a teacher who insults students after inviting questions. The conversation also mentioned that the site is only for American universities and that some ratings may not be entirely accurate. One person found the site to be fairly accurate while another mentioned that their school compiles data from surveys for posting. The conversation also touched on the importance of paying attention to well-written posts for more reliable ratings.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I was checking out a site called www.ratemyprofessors.com to get the low-down on some prospective teachers and I found it very helpful. They have listings for schools in the U.S. and Canada. I looked up the reviews of former teachers and they are pretty accurate.

I particularly enjoyed the collection of funny ratings:
http://www.ratemyprofessor.com/Funniest.jsp

excerpts:
"Evil computer science teaching robot who crushes humans for pleasure."

"Teaches well, invites questions and then insults you for 20 minutes."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
Cool site.

Too bad it's only for american univ's.

I like the one that said "Your pillow will need a pillow"
Well, actually some of the rating are not very accurate . I looked up some of favorite my former teachers and they all have bad rating just because they are strict . I think generally teachers who give you and A for just showing up at the class get high rating compare to those who actually does teach you something worthwhile

I've found it to be fairly accurate. Good site, though my school compiles the data from surveys given at the end of the year and posts them online, so that one is more complete.

Look carefully at the posts. The ones that are well worded and well written, you can usually trust those to be fair.

If it's like this:

"teacher sucks, I do not bad, I do work but its still got me a bad grade."

Don't assume that English is their second language. People who write and talk like this not only graduate from high school today, but they actually get into college. They probably didn't have the basic skills to do well in that class in the first place.

1. What is "Rate My Professors"?

"Rate My Professors" is a popular website that allows students to anonymously rate and review their professors in the United States and Canada. It also provides a platform for students to share their experiences and opinions about a particular professor, including their teaching style, difficulty level, and overall rating.

2. How accurate are the reviews on "Rate My Professors"?

The accuracy of reviews on "Rate My Professors" can vary. Some reviews may be biased or exaggerated, while others may be genuine and helpful. It is important to read multiple reviews and consider the overall rating of a professor before making a decision based on the reviews.

3. Can professors delete or edit their reviews on "Rate My Professors"?

No, professors cannot delete or edit their reviews on "Rate My Professors". The website has a strict policy against tampering with reviews in order to maintain the integrity of the ratings and reviews.

4. How can "Rate My Professors" benefit students?

"Rate My Professors" can benefit students in several ways. It can help them make informed decisions when choosing their classes or professors, as they can read reviews and see ratings from previous students. It can also provide valuable feedback to professors on their teaching methods and areas for improvement.

5. Is "Rate My Professors" only for negative reviews?

No, "Rate My Professors" is not just for negative reviews. While some students may use the website to express their dissatisfaction with a professor, many also use it to leave positive reviews and recommendations for others to take a particular course or professor.