Error "DocOpen" & "FileOpen": No Fix Found

• Thread starter Nusc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error
In summary, the conversation is discussing an error that appears when trying to open a PDF file, possibly due to an upgrade of Adobe Reader. The solution may involve contacting a local TUG or checking for missing commands in the document.
Nusc
[DocOpen("%bm.pdf")][FileOpen("%bm.pdf")]
could find input index file
that's one error that shows up

I have no idea how to fix it.

Physics news on Phys.org
This isn't the tex users group. Find your local TUG and they will help you. There are usenet news groups all about latex.

Go to
http://www.latex-community.org/index.php

Could it be that you just upgraded Adobe Reader?
If that's the case, have a look at here: https://www.physicsforums.com/blogs/edgardo-22482/texniccenter-adobe-reader-8-0-bugfix-876/ .

Last edited by a moderator:
my best guess at this point is that you've forgotton to use the commands

\begin{document}
or
\end{document}

1. What does the error "DocOpen" & "FileOpen": No Fix Found mean?

The error "DocOpen" & "FileOpen": No Fix Found is a common issue that occurs when attempting to open a PDF document using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. It indicates that the program is unable to find the necessary files or components to open the document properly.

2. Why am I getting this error?

There are several possible reasons for this error, including a corrupt installation of Adobe Acrobat or Reader, missing or outdated components, or conflicts with other programs running on your computer.

3. How can I fix this error?

There is no one definitive solution to this error as it can be caused by various factors. However, some potential solutions include repairing or reinstalling Adobe Acrobat or Reader, updating to the latest version, and ensuring that all necessary components are installed.

4. Can I prevent this error from happening in the future?

To prevent this error from occurring, it is important to regularly update your Adobe software and ensure that all necessary components are installed. Additionally, avoid installing any conflicting programs or making changes to your system that may disrupt the functioning of Adobe Acrobat or Reader.

5. What should I do if none of the solutions work?

If none of the suggested solutions fix the error, you may need to seek further assistance from Adobe support or consult with a technical expert. It is also possible that the document itself may be corrupted or incompatible with Adobe software, in which case you may need to use an alternative program to open the file.