Creating a Quantum Mechanics Signature: The Uncertainty Principle and You

• Thread starter Imparcticle
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about how to add a signature/avatar to a forum post using a picture of a quantum mechanics comic. Several methods were suggested, including using MS Paint to resize the image and using a free online image editor. The conversation also included discussions about saving the image as a .jpg and using the image uploader on the forum. Ultimately, the person asking for help decided not to pursue adding a signature/avatar.
Imparcticle
How can I add a signiture? I found a great quantum mechanics picture that I'd like to make my signiture.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you mean avatar, that's what the picture is called and the answer is I don't know. But if I did you better believe I'd tell you and I'd tell you nicely and politely.

Thank you anywho, Tribog! (see? that rhymes!)

here is the picture anyway. My idea is just to always post with the image url, so it'll appear at the bottom of the post.

let's see if it works...

http://info.phys.unm.edu/~renes/[/URL] images/alicebob.jpg[/PLAIN]

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad: grrrrr...It doesn't work! How can I post a picture?? It's rated G, so there's nothin' wrong with it. :confused: :mad:

like this, but will it last?

http://info.phys.unm.edu/~renes/images/alicebob.jpg

PS it is from this site...to there credit! <<//info.phys.unm.edu/~renes/images/alicebob.jpg>>

How do I fix the size? It's too big for a pic-sig.

you need an image editor...there are some on the net for free, www.mooter.com it (thats a search engine that clusters)

SquareItSalamander said:
How do I fix the size? It's too big for a pic-sig.
I'm not sure, but I think you need some photo/image enhancing software. At least that's how I resize mine. Anyone out there with more knowledge than me know about this one? (I'm quite sure MOST of you out there have more knowledge on this than me! :redface: I just recently learned out to upload an image - sort of... :redface: )

You can get MS Paint to do it. Image \ Stretch&Skew.

cookiemonster

try anyone of these sites...to learn...more

http://www.graphicssoft.about.com/library/products/aabyb_imageedit.htm

http://www.vicman.net/index.htm

http://www.bluechillies.com/browse/W/D/B

cookiemonster said:

cookiemonster
Hey! I didn't know that! That's cool! Thanks cookiemonster! Here! Have a cookie! *holds out BIG choc/choc-chip cookie* :smile:

cookiemonster said:

cookiemonster

Good idea. I think that's the simplest idea.

But, it's not workin' out. What do I have to save the image as?

SquareItSalamander said:
Good idea. I think that's the simplest idea.

But, it's not workin' out. What do I have to save the image as?
Just put it in some folder (or create a new one) on your C drive. Then you can use the image uploader and we can see your picture!

You can already see my picture Tsunami. :bigrinn:

But don't I have to buy the image uploader?

oh well, never mind you guys.

SquareItSalamander said:
You can already see my picture Tsunami. :bigrinn:
I'm confused. I thought you were trying to upload an image for us to see. Where can I already see it?

But don't I have to buy the image uploader?
Nope. It's free. Just follow the directions I gave in the link.

Well, poop. I just tried to upload an image and got the dreaded 'cannot find server' page. Guess we'll have to wait a bit for the site to come back up. Bummer.

You'd probably want to save it as a .jpg, since .bmp's are huge.

cookiemonster

cookiemonster said:
You'd probably want to save it as a .jpg, since .bmp's are huge.

cookiemonster
I'm sure glad you're here with the right answers. Here. Have another cookie! *holds out BIG choc chip macadamia nut cookie* :smile:

Cookies? I like cookies...

cookiemonster

You can do a "screen shot" of the picture, while it's up on your monitors screen, press 'control' and 'print screen' together, then open MS paint, and paste it there...but as the cookiemonster ponted out it is a BIG file...as a BMP...

You can also go to this site, and edit/crop/resize some pictures, for free, on there editor, at the site! available at; http://www.gifworks.com/

(I've used that one before for avies)

MS Paint let's you save as a .jpg.

cookiemonster

I'm confused. I thought you were trying to upload an image for us to see. Where can I already see it?
Mr.Robin Parsons posted the picture. It's the QM comic that flirts with the Uncertainty Principle.

Oh, and I'm not going to bother about it anymore. It's too much of a hassel for someone who is NOT good with computer stuff to be worrying about (and I have the strangest idea that I want to be a quantum engineer...
oh my :eek: )

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELPFUL, SUPER DEE DUPER HELP, GUYZ!

Last edited:

1. How do I add a signature to my email?

To add a signature to your email, first go to your email settings or preferences. Then, look for the option to create a signature. You can either type in your signature or copy and paste it from a document. Save your changes and your signature should now appear at the end of your emails.

2. Can I have multiple signatures for different email accounts?

Yes, many email providers allow you to create and save multiple signatures for different email accounts. This is useful if you have different email addresses for personal and professional use.

3. How do I format my signature?

The formatting options for signatures may vary depending on your email provider. However, most will allow you to change the font, size, and color of your signature text. Some may also allow you to add images or links to your signature.

4. Can I use HTML in my signature?

Yes, many email providers allow you to use HTML in your signature. This can be useful for adding custom formatting, such as bold or italicized text, or for adding images or links. However, it's important to keep in mind that some email clients may not support HTML signatures.

5. How do I edit or delete my signature?

To edit or delete your signature, go back to your email settings or preferences and look for the option to manage your signature. From there, you should be able to make any necessary changes or delete your signature entirely.