Need Help with formulas please

• Thread starter woz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formulas
In summary, the conversation is about a student asking for help with an assignment involving separating variables from equations. The person helping suggests the student post their attempts and where they are stuck. They also ask if the student knows how to complete the square and if they can solve using cosine. The last question seems to be a trick question.
woz
Hello, the teacher gave us this assignment in which we had to separate some variables from equations. (example: E=mc^2 for m -> m=E/c^2). I had trouble with 4 of them (the ones in the attachment), I would appreciate some help, The procedure is really important since I want to learn how to solve them.

Attachments

• formulas2.JPG
    formulas2.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 351
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi woz,

While we're waiting for the attachment to get approved...

Why don't you go ahaid and post what you've tried / where you're stuck on them. It'll help us help you.

9. Do you know how to complete the square?

10. Can you get thins in terms of [itex] \cos \theta[/itex] and apply [itex]\arccos[/itex] to both sides?

11. Simmilar to 10

15. This seems to be a trick question, the equation isn't dependent on m at all :confused:

the solution in a word doc

regards
marlon

Last edited:

1. How do I know which formula to use?

The best way to determine which formula to use is by identifying the variables you have and the variable you are trying to solve for. Then, research the different formulas that involve those variables and choose the one that best fits your problem.

2. Can I use a calculator to solve formulas?

Yes, a calculator can be a helpful tool in solving formulas. However, it is important to make sure you are entering the formula correctly and using the right order of operations.

3. What should I do if the formula is not giving me the expected answer?

If the formula is not giving you the expected answer, double check that you have entered all the variables correctly and in the right order. Also, make sure you are using the correct units for each variable.

4. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when using formulas?

One common mistake to avoid when using formulas is not paying attention to units. Make sure all units are consistent and convert them if necessary. Another mistake is not using the correct order of operations when inputting the formula into a calculator.

5. Can I create my own formula?

Yes, you can create your own formula as long as it follows the rules of mathematics and accurately represents the relationship between the variables. However, it is always recommended to use established formulas that have been tested and proven to be accurate.