Two Atom Experiments: Communication Between Two Atoms

In summary, the experiment described by the user has a man with two boxes containing Helium-4 particles. If the observer opens any of the boxes, the chance of the Helium-4 particles still being there is statistically predictable.
Olias
Are there any experiments that have just two (single) atoms?

I know that single photons can be counted individually, can the same be said of Atoms?

I am about to place a thought experiment on the relativity boards, which will deal with a Man, two atoms, and a lift in freefall.

I would like to know if there are any experiments that deal with just two atoms and their comunication, ie absorption and emissions between just Two Atoms.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try a Penning trap

Olias said:

I know that single photons can be counted individually, can the same be said of Atoms?

AFAIK The use of a device called a Penning Trap? has been used to isolate and levitate a single electron and that suggests that an ion rather than an atom may be capable of isolation. Cheers, Jim

NEOclassic said:
AFAIK The use of a device called a Penning Trap? has been used to isolate and levitate a single electron and that suggests that an ion rather than an atom may be capable of isolation. Cheers, Jim

Thanks Jim. I had been proposing a Penning Trap as part of my thought experiment, but all the data I have shows no such formation of "linear-comunication" between two single atoms?

I am going to put the thought up for some feedback.

Olias said:

I am about to place a thought experiment on the relativity boards, which will deal with a Man, two atoms, and a lift in freefall.

I would like to know if there are any experiments that deal with just two atoms and their comunication, ie absorption and emissions between just Two Atoms.

Ok we have a experiment wherby a Man is in an elevator that is about to freefall. He has two boxes in each of his outstretched hands, each box has a single Helium 4 particle within.

The lift falls away.

If the falling observer opens any of the boxes, what are the chances of the Helium 4 still being there?..will the rate of decay be influenced by the Freefall, or by the observer?

Is there a Gravitational wavefunction, or is there an Observational wavefunction?..that initiates the half-life of "particle/atomic" decays.

Hi Olias,
I'm a bit lost on your "thought experiment"; mostly because neither Helium-4 nor Helium-3 has an iota of probability for decay. Cheers, Jim

How does the wavefunction of the Universe of Space, dissapear, or transform from a 3-D spacetime to the Electro-Magnetic-Vacuum (VIRTUAL), of 2-D space between Galaxies?

Has the transformation of wavefunction (observable state-vectors) of Dark Matter been mis-diagnosed?..should we not be using Quantum Mechanics for the explination of all of Space Vacuum?

Physically meaningful observables must also satisfy transformation laws which relate observations performed by different observers in different frames of reference. These transformation laws are automorphisms of the state space, that is bijective transformations which preserve some mathematical property. In the case of quantum mechanics, the requisite automorphisms are unitary (or anti-unitary) linear transformations of the Hilbert space V. Under Galilean relativity or Special relativity, the mathematics of frames of reference is particularly simple, and in fact restricts considerably the set of physically meaningful observables.

The facts of the matter, however, are far more prosaic. Specifically, if a system is in a state described by a wave function, the measurement process affects the state in a non-deterministic, but statistically predictable way. In particular, after a measurement is applied, the state description by a single wave function may be destroyed, being replaced by a statistical ensemble of wave functions. The irreversible nature of measurement operations in quantum physics is sometimes referred to as the measurement problem and is described mathematically by quantum operations. By the structure of quantum operations, this description is mathematically equivalent to that offered by relative state interpretation where the original system is regarded as a subsystem of a larger system and the state of the original system is given by the partial trace of the state of the larger system.

The above three paragraphs are from:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable

The energy of Space must be reduced to a 2-Dimensional field, this Surrounds Galaxies, not the other way around, kinda cute having the Milky-Way immersed within a 2-D field Energy!

Last edited:

1. What is a two atom experiment?

A two atom experiment is a scientific experiment that involves manipulating and studying the interactions between two individual atoms. This can be done by trapping and controlling the atoms using specialized equipment.

2. Why is communication between two atoms important?

Communication between two atoms is important because it allows scientists to study the fundamental building blocks of matter and understand how they interact with each other. This can help us gain a deeper understanding of the properties and behavior of materials at the atomic level.

3. How do scientists communicate between two atoms?

Scientists communicate between two atoms by using techniques such as laser beams, magnetic fields, and electric fields to manipulate and control the atoms. By changing the energy levels of the atoms, scientists can induce interactions between them, which can then be studied and measured.

4. What are some potential applications of two atom experiments?

Two atom experiments have many potential applications, including quantum computing, precision measurements, and quantum simulations. These experiments can also provide insights into chemical reactions, materials science, and fundamental physics.

5. What are the challenges of conducting two atom experiments?

Conducting two atom experiments can be challenging due to the extremely small scale of the atoms involved. Precise control and measurement are necessary, as well as specialized equipment and techniques. Additionally, environmental factors such as temperature and vibrations can affect the stability of the atoms and the accuracy of the results.