Need Help Understanding Process Control System?

In summary, a process control system is a collection of hardware and software components that work together to monitor and control industrial processes in real-time. It involves sensors, controllers, actuators, and communication networks to gather and analyze data, and make adjustments to the process. The main components of a process control system are sensors, controllers, actuators, and communication networks. It works by continuously monitoring the process, analyzing data, and making adjustments to maintain the desired state. The benefits of a process control system include increased efficiency, improved product quality, reduced downtime, and increased safety. It differs from a quality control system, which focuses on inspecting and testing the final product, but both systems work together to ensure a high-quality end product.
REBORN1991
i have problem to understand the concept of process control system...

anyone can help me to find source or link that related?

Engineering news on Phys.org
REBORN1991 said:
i have problem to understand the concept of process control system...

anyone can help me to find source or link that related?

Welcome to the PF.

I googled process control system, and got lots of good hits. This hit is from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_control

1. What is a process control system?

A process control system is a collection of hardware and software components that work together to monitor and control industrial processes. It involves sensors, controllers, actuators, and communication networks to gather and analyze data, and make adjustments to the process in real-time.

2. What are the main components of a process control system?

The main components of a process control system include sensors, controllers, actuators, and communication networks. Sensors measure and collect data from the process, controllers use this data to make decisions and send commands to the actuators, and communication networks allow for the exchange of information between different components.

3. How does a process control system work?

A process control system works by continuously monitoring the process and collecting data through sensors. This data is then analyzed by the control system, which compares it to a setpoint or desired value. If there is a deviation from the setpoint, the control system sends commands to the actuators to make adjustments and bring the process back to the desired state.

4. What are the benefits of a process control system?

A process control system offers several benefits, including increased efficiency, improved product quality, reduced downtime, and increased safety. By continuously monitoring and adjusting the process, it can optimize operations and minimize errors, leading to cost savings and improved overall performance.

5. How is a process control system different from a quality control system?

A process control system focuses on monitoring and adjusting the process in real-time to ensure it operates within set parameters and produces consistent results. On the other hand, a quality control system is used to inspect and test the final product to ensure it meets specific quality standards. Both systems work together to ensure a high-quality end product, but they have different functions and goals.