Find the Best Variable Attenuator with Display for D-Band (110-170GHz)

• Thread starter manthan
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a variable attenuator that can operate on D band (110-170GHz) and display the attenuation value. The speaker is requesting for the model number or company that can provide such an attenuator. Additionally, there is a mention of high frequency range and a request for more information on the signal source and application.
manthan
I need one variable attenuator which can be operated on D band(110-170GHz) but the main need is the device should contain the display of attenuation value. so give me the model no of such attenuator or give me the name of company which will provide me such attenuator.

Engineering news on Phys.org
manthan said:
I need one variable attenuator which can be operated on D band(110-170GHz) but the main need is the device should contain the display of attenuation value. so give me the model no of such attenuator or give me the name of company which will provide me such attenuator.

In the last threads where you mentioned that high frequency range here on the PF, we questioned whether you were mistaken about the frequencies. Can you please tell us what your signal source is for these frequencies, and what the application is?

1. What is an attenuator with display?

An attenuator with display is a device that is used to reduce the amplitude or strength of a signal. It is usually used in electronic circuits to control the level of a signal, and the display shows the amount of attenuation that is being applied.

2. How does an attenuator with display work?

An attenuator works by reducing the amplitude of a signal while maintaining its frequency and waveform. It uses resistors to reduce the signal's power and can be adjusted to provide different levels of attenuation. The display shows the amount of attenuation that is being applied in decibels (dB).

3. What is the purpose of using an attenuator with display?

An attenuator with display is used to control the strength of a signal in electronic circuits. It can be used to protect sensitive components from high-power signals, match impedance levels between different devices, and adjust signal levels for testing and measurement purposes. The display allows for precise adjustment and monitoring of the signal's attenuation.

4. How do I choose the right attenuator with display for my application?

When choosing an attenuator with display, you should consider the required attenuation range, the frequency range of the signal, the power handling capabilities, and the impedance matching requirements. You should also consider the type of connector and size of the device for compatibility with your equipment.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using an attenuator with display?

One potential drawback of using an attenuator with display is that it can introduce signal loss, which may affect the overall performance of the circuit. Additionally, if the attenuator is not properly matched with the signal and equipment, it can cause signal reflections and distortions. It is important to carefully select and properly install the attenuator to avoid these issues.