Explore Saibaba Videos: Experience the Divine

In summary: No.In summary, this man is a charlatan who preys on the gullible. There is no evidence to support his claims of psychokinetic abilities.
cronxeh
Gold Member
http://www.saionline.org/video/
http://www.saibabalinks.org/videoclips.htm

I purposely didnt post this under Skepticism and Debunking.. because.. well because I believe he is for real. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you religious?

no I am an Atheist. I don't believe in god or any of that crap - the fact is that this guy can do some psychokinetic stuff which is pretty interesting. I've read about this in michael talbot's book The Holographic Universe. After seeing a few videos I must say that some look a bit like a hoax, but some are pretty peculiar. Id strip this man and make him do his miracles on camera.. but I don't know anyone who has done such a thing..

Make him go through a double-blind test and we'll see if he really has powers or not.

Id love that.. but then again there is some controversy around this guy and even sexual allegations (some by US citizens). The state department issued a few traveler warnings on the area around November 2001. I'm just curious if anyone done any skin-deep research on this

Here is a quick wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba

There is one fact. You can't make something out of nothing, nobody can.

I'm familiar with that thought experiment.. but what's the actual proof for that claim

My edit, and I don't want to sound like a total crackpot but let's keep an open mind - after all we don't know everything about all the laws and possibilities :

Law of Conservation of Matter: During an ordinary chemical change, there is no detectable increase or decrease in the quantity of matter.

The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can change its form. If you can collapse wavefunction for a dark matter/energy into a supamolecule (a golden necklace per se) - then its within "laws of physics"

Last edited:
He's a charlatan preying on the weak minded and credulous. I hate "gurus" like this.

Then again, I might change my mind about him if he "materialises" a Ferrari 430 for me. :biggrin:

BTW, this really DOES belong in S & D - because it's a fantastic claim and many are itching to debunk away.

cronxeh, this is more appropriate here in S&D, but I left the link in GD.

He has his mandir in a state close to where I live, there are many people who believe in him here. Personally, I don't know much about him, but he has much respect and people who believe in him here.

But much more impressive is a man named Agathiyar who lived more than two thousand years ago, there is definite evidence he existed, but he basically wrote biographies of ordinary people. For example, my father went to the village he lived, there they have unearthed the actual leaflets (that's how Indians wrote way back) where he etched it and now read what he wrote to people, well anyways my father told his last name (only his last name, he was also a skeptic, so when they asked him for his full name, he refused thinking they might cheat) but when they brought out the leaflet, it had my mother's name, when my grandfather died and also incidents that happened in my father's earlier life. Now, how do you explain this? If there is a skeptic in this forum, I tell you my father is a bigger skeptic than most so he just doesn't fall into skeems, tell me how possibly this could happen? There are just things that cannot be explained...

Even if the people who give the leaflets can be suspected of cheating, how do they know about incidents (very specifically described) that happened when he was 2 years old...

Last edited:
I'd be in good company were I to suspect he is a hoaxter, and probably insane. Try this link:
http://skepdic.com/saibaba.html
Sorry curious, I don't see that ferrari materializing anytime soon.

its fake. analysis shows this to be true. He cannot materialize vibhudhi, as I have actually seen him in Pootaparthy.

Here is what I don't understand.. Why put up a fakery, magic act everyday and give out so many golden necklaces.. unless.. by occam's razor, he can actually materialize things via PK abilities.

cronxeh said:
Here is what I don't understand.. Why put up a fakery, magic act everyday and give out so many golden necklaces.. unless.. by occam's razor, he can actually materialize things via PK abilities.

My goodness, do you have any clue how many hundreds of millions he rakes in in donations every year ? From all over the world, the teeming naive devotees are clamouring to fill his coffers. I think he can afford to give away a few gold necklaces and some dry-roasted cowdung. Perhaps even the odd Ferrari (hint, hint). :wink:

What has Occam's Razor got to do with anything ? Do you also believe in Uri Geller ? :yuck:

Im sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know who Uri Geller is (well now I googled and have some idea) - but back to the topic at hand. There was one testimony by an American civil engineer who claims that he asked Sai Baba to raise his sleeves, and that Sai Baba rolled up his sleeve all the way to the arm pits and then went ahead and produced the ash through the palm of his hand. Now I don't know whether this is true or not - this is why I started this thread - to gather more information, whether its proving or disproving this individual - I want the truth

Slight of hand isn't really that difficult. There is a smokers trick where you take a persons hand in yours and drop a bit of ash off your cigarette onto the back of the persons hand. Then you rub it in with your finger and turn over their hand to reveal ash on the palm. The trick is to have a bit of ash already on one of the fingers of the hand that you are using to hold the person's hand. That way you deposite the ash on the palm without them realizing it.

Did you even bother watching those videos?

cronxeh said:
Did you even bother watching those videos?

Well, I hadn't watched the ones you posted, but I'd seen the BBC documentary. Having watched the two 'materialising' videos, I'd say that anyone who believes this guy has special powers either has a serious need to believe in the mystical, or has never seen a magic show.

1. What is "Explore Saibaba Videos: Experience the Divine"?

"Explore Saibaba Videos: Experience the Divine" is a collection of videos that document the spiritual journey of people who have visited the shrine of Sai Baba, a revered spiritual leader in India. These videos showcase the experiences, teachings, and miracles of Sai Baba and how he has impacted the lives of his devotees.

2. Who is Sai Baba and why is he important?

Sai Baba, also known as Shirdi Sai Baba, was a spiritual leader who lived in Shirdi, India in the 19th and early 20th centuries. He is revered by people of all religions for his teachings of love, compassion, and selfless service. Sai Baba is known for performing miracles and his shrine in Shirdi is a popular pilgrimage site for devotees from all over the world.

3. What can I expect to see in these videos?

These videos capture the experiences of people who have visited the shrine of Sai Baba and how their lives have been transformed by his teachings and grace. You can expect to see devotees sharing their personal stories, participating in rituals and prayers, and witnessing the miracles of Sai Baba. The videos also showcase the serene atmosphere of the shrine and the devotion of the devotees.

4. Can I learn more about Sai Baba from these videos?

Absolutely. These videos not only provide a glimpse into the spiritual journey of his devotees but also include teachings and messages from Sai Baba himself. You can learn about his life, his teachings, and his philosophy of love, unity, and selfless service through these videos.

5. Are these videos suitable for everyone?

Yes, these videos are suitable for people of all ages and backgrounds. Whether you are a devotee of Sai Baba or simply interested in learning about him, these videos are a great way to experience the divine and gain insights into his teachings. They are also a great resource for spiritual seekers and those looking for inspiration and guidance in their own lives.