Help wanted for calculation of graphene conductivity

In summary, the individual is seeking guidance for calculating graphene conductivity using the Boltzmann equation in a simple language for their thesis on the topic. They are asking for advice on where to begin and how to approach the calculation.
saharsah
Hi to everyone
I'm working on mu thesis with this title: Calculation of graphene conductivity in the semiclassical regime
And also I should calculate it with Boltzmann equation
Is there anybody who can guide me for where to start and even how to calculate the graphene conductivity using Boltzmann equation in a simple language?

Thanks to all
Sahar

Physics news on Phys.org
saharsah said:
Hi to everyone
I'm working on mu thesis with this title: Calculation of graphene conductivity in the semiclassical regime
And also I should calculate it with Boltzmann equation
Is there anybody who can guide me for where to start and even how to calculate the graphene conductivity using Boltzmann equation in a simple language?

Thanks to all
Sahar

Shouldn't this be a question you ask your thesis supervisor?

Zz.

1. What is graphene conductivity?

Graphene conductivity refers to the ability of graphene, a single layer of carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal lattice, to conduct electricity. It is considered to be one of the best conductors of electricity known, due to its unique structure and properties.

2. Why is it important to calculate graphene conductivity?

Understanding the conductivity of graphene is crucial for its potential use in various applications, such as in electronics, energy storage, and sensing. Being able to accurately calculate its conductivity can help in optimizing its performance and developing new technologies.

3. How is graphene conductivity calculated?

Graphene conductivity can be calculated using various methods, including theoretical calculations and experimental measurements. One common method is the four-probe method, which involves passing a current through a graphene sample and measuring the voltage drop across it. The conductivity is then calculated using Ohm's law.

4. What factors affect the conductivity of graphene?

The conductivity of graphene is affected by various factors, including the number of layers (single-layer graphene has higher conductivity compared to multi-layer), defects or impurities in the lattice, and the type of graphene (e.g. doped graphene has different conductivity compared to pure graphene).

5. Can the conductivity of graphene be improved?

Yes, researchers are continuously working on ways to improve the conductivity of graphene. This can be achieved through methods such as chemical doping, controlling the number of layers, and improving the synthesis process. Additionally, using graphene in combination with other materials can also enhance its conductivity.