What about opening a programming section?

• Thread starter T.Khalil
  • Start date
In summary, a member named Taisir Khalil has joined the Physics Forums community and noticed that there are many sections for engineering, but none specifically for software engineering. Another member, Zz, responded by saying that software engineering questions are welcome in the Programming & Computer Science subforum and directed Taisir to the FAQs for more information.
T.Khalil
Hello

This is Taisir Khalil, I have just joined PF community :) and I am glad I did.

Anyway, I have noticed that there are many sections for Engineering (Mechanical,Electrical...etc) but there is no Software Engineering section.

I know there is a section for Computing & Technology but why not include it with the engineering sections?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks a lot. I apologize for the inconvenience :) >>> heading to FAQs.

T.Khalil said:
Thanks a lot. I apologize for the inconvenience :) >>> heading to FAQs.

It's not an inconvenience. It is just a rather frequent question being asked on here.

Zz.

Software Engineering questions are welcome in the Programming & Computer Science subforum.

1. What is the purpose of opening a programming section?

The purpose of opening a programming section is to provide a dedicated space for individuals who are interested in learning and discussing programming topics. It can also serve as a platform for sharing knowledge and collaborating on projects.

2. Who can benefit from a programming section?

Anyone who is interested in programming, whether they are beginners or experienced professionals, can benefit from a programming section. It can also be a valuable resource for students or individuals looking to switch careers.

3. What types of programming topics would be covered in the section?

The programming section can cover a wide range of topics, including but not limited to programming languages, coding techniques, software development, web development, data analysis, and artificial intelligence. The specific topics can be determined based on the interests of the community.

4. How can I get involved in the programming section?

If you are interested in the programming section, you can join the community and participate in discussions, ask questions, share your knowledge, and collaborate on projects. You can also suggest topics or ideas for the section.

5. Will there be any resources or materials provided in the programming section?

The programming section can provide various resources and materials such as tutorials, articles, coding challenges, and recommended learning materials. These resources can help individuals enhance their programming skills and stay updated on the latest developments in the field.