HELP need recommanded literature

In summary, the speaker is a second year computer engineering student who wants to learn about the electrooptic effect and electrooptic modulation. They are asking for good resources, preferably links or book recommendations, and are looking for simple and easy to understand material. They have a book by Amnon Yariv, but are finding it difficult to understand. Another person named Claude suggests the book "Lasers and Electro-optics" by Davis, which they found easy to follow during their second year of university.
hen
Hello!
I am a second year computer engineer.
I would like to learn about the electrooptic effect and electrooptic modulation.
Anyone have any GOOD links(prefferd) or names of books to learn the subject.
I really need some guidence for "simple" resources which i can learn from, without too many "pre-requests"...
I have the book of the "master" (Amnon Yariv) - "introduction to optical electronics", but its pretty difficult for me.
Mostly, i don't understand for now all the "ellipsoid" material...
Thanks a lot.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try "Lasers and Electro-optics" by Davis. I found it pretty easy to follow in my second year at University.

Claude.

Hi there,

I would recommend checking out "Electro-Optic and Magneto-Optic Materials for Optical Information Processing" by Pochi Yeh and Claire Gu. This book provides a comprehensive overview of electro-optic and magneto-optic materials and their applications in optical information processing. It also includes explanations and examples that are easy to follow for beginners in the field.

Another helpful resource is the website of the Optical Society of America (OSA). They have a section dedicated to tutorials and educational resources on electro-optic and optoelectronic devices, which can be a great starting point for your learning journey.

Additionally, you can also search for online courses or lectures on platforms such as Coursera or edX. These platforms offer a wide range of courses on various topics, including electro-optics, and can provide a structured and simplified learning experience.

I hope these recommendations help you in your learning process. All the best!

1. What is the best way to find recommended literature for my research topic?

The best way to find recommended literature for your research topic is by starting with a comprehensive literature search. This can be done through databases such as Google Scholar, PubMed, or JSTOR. Additionally, you can consult with your colleagues, mentors, or subject experts for their suggestions on relevant literature.

2. How can I determine the credibility of recommended literature?

To determine the credibility of recommended literature, it is important to evaluate the source and author of the literature. Look for publications from reputable journals or academic institutions. You can also check for citations and references within the literature to see if it is supported by other credible sources.

3. Is it necessary to read all of the recommended literature?

No, it is not necessary to read all of the recommended literature. Instead, focus on reading the most relevant and recent publications that are directly related to your research topic. This will help you save time and prioritize your reading.

4. How do I keep track of all the recommended literature?

There are various tools available to help you keep track of recommended literature, such as reference management software like EndNote or Zotero. You can also create a spreadsheet or document to organize the literature based on their relevance and key findings.

5. Can I use recommended literature that is not in English?

Yes, you can use recommended literature that is not in English. However, it is important to consider the language proficiency of your target audience and whether there are any available translations of the literature. If not, you may need to provide a summary or key points of the literature in your own writing.