EEPROM Addresses: 6, 10, 8, 7, 9 Explained

• Thread starter rama1001
  • Start date
In summary: Yes, now i understand bit that those are pins. Can you explain bit more about those pins.The pins are as follows:6 - Data output7 - Clock output8 - Data input9 - clock input10 - Chip select input
rama1001
I am doing project which having eeprom in its circuitary. Designed people are saying that , EEprom having 6,10,8,7,9 address. I am really new to this and can anyone tell me waht is these address in eeprom?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I am sorry but your question as stated makes little sense. What is the project, what are the technical requirements, what is the development board you chose for it and why, why and what EEPROM is in it?

rama1001 said:
EEprom having 6,10,8,7,9 address. I am really new to this and can anyone tell me waht is these address in eeprom?
Either those are the possible number of bits for various eeproms, or those are the pins used for addressing on a specific eeprom. Unless you care about the internal order of data in the eeprom, you could just use those pins in numerical order, 6,7,8,9,10, for addressing the contents of the eeprom.

yes, now i understand bit that those are pins. Can you explain bit more about those pins.

This is the point where you should have, or download, the specification document of your processor board, and possibly the components on it, and start reading.

Every question after that, reread your school books, and ask your professors concise questions before posting here.

rama1001 said:
I am doing project which having eeprom in its circuitary. Designed people are saying that , EEprom having 6,10,8,7,9 address. I am really new to this and can anyone tell me waht is these address in eeprom?

rama1001 said:
yes, now i understand bit that those are pins. Can you explain bit more about those pins.

In addition to Marco's board-level comments, you should get the product number of the EEPROM chip, and download the datasheet for it. Any questions you have for us about the chip should reference the pages where the discussion is in the datasheet.

rcgldr said:
Either those are the possible number of bits for various eeproms, or those are the pins used for addressing on a specific eeprom. Unless you care about the internal order of data in the eeprom, you could just use those pins in numerical order, 6,7,8,9,10, for addressing the contents of the eeprom.
An exception to where you would care about the internal addressing order is if the eeprom has some internal segmentation, where entire segments can erased, locked, or unlocked via a single sequence of inputs. You really need to get the manual for the eeprom and the board you want to mount the eeprom onto.

Last edited:

What is an EEPROM?

An EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) is a type of non-volatile memory that can be electrically programmed and erased. It retains its data even when the power is turned off.

What are the addresses 6, 10, 8, 7, 9 in EEPROM?

These are specific memory addresses within the EEPROM that can be used to store and retrieve data. Each address corresponds to a specific location within the EEPROM chip.

How many bits can be stored at each address?

This depends on the specific EEPROM chip, but typically each address can store 8 bits or 1 byte of data.

Why are the addresses not in sequential order?

This is because the addresses are determined by the physical layout of the EEPROM chip, and not necessarily in a sequential order. The addresses may also be organized in a specific way to optimize the storage and retrieval of data.

Can the data stored at these addresses be changed?

Yes, the data stored at these addresses can be changed by using a programming tool to write new data to the EEPROM. This allows for the data to be updated or modified as needed.