I calculating the maximum pressure

In summary, the conversation is about finding the maximum pressure in a cycle, specifically for isothermal compression, isobaric expansion, and isochoric cooling. The problem involves calculating the mass of air present and using the formula pv=nrt and vm=(Qp/4 x Z) to find the solution. The person speaking has provided their calculations, but is unsure if they are correct and is asking for help.
xto
I've serach for almost a day now ,
just to search the formula to calculate the maximum pressure in the cycle
A very big thank you and appreciate for the help

Physics news on Phys.org
What cycle specifically are you referring to, xto? Could you please provide a more complete problem description, and show us what you have tried so far?

i)isothermal compresssion from state 1 through a volumetric compression ration of 6 to state 2
ii) isobaric expansion from state 2 back to the initial volume thus reaching state 3
iii) isochoric cooling from state 3 back to the original pressure to reach state

it ask for the mass of air present and the maximum pressure in the cycle

Given
R=0.287 kj/kg K
Cp=1.005 Kj/KG K

i have done
pv=nrt
t=303K
p=1.2x0.9869
=1.1832
V=2.2x1000
=2.2x10^3

so (1.1832atm)(2.2x10^3L)
-----------------------
(1.005) (303K)

which the ans is 247.90g Air

then i use this formula
vm=(Qp/4 x Z)
so (2.2x10^3)(1.005)/4x(0.287)
which get

i'm not sure if it's rite or not
please help , thx

Last edited:

1. What is the maximum pressure?

The maximum pressure refers to the highest amount of force per unit area that a system can withstand before breaking or failing.

2. How is the maximum pressure calculated?

The maximum pressure is calculated by dividing the force applied to a system by the area over which it is applied. This gives the amount of force per unit area, which is the definition of pressure.

3. Why is calculating the maximum pressure important?

Calculating the maximum pressure is important because it helps engineers and scientists determine the strength and durability of a system. It also allows them to design structures and materials that can withstand high pressures without failing.

4. What factors affect the maximum pressure of a system?

The maximum pressure of a system can be affected by factors such as the material properties, geometry, and the external forces applied to the system. Temperature and environmental conditions can also play a role in determining the maximum pressure.

5. How can the maximum pressure be increased?

The maximum pressure of a system can be increased by using stronger and more durable materials, increasing the area over which the force is applied, or by reducing the external forces acting on the system. Additionally, proper design and engineering techniques can also help increase the maximum pressure a system can withstand.