Where is my thread on the death of high T superconductivity

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
In summary, the current research on high T superconductivity is focused on understanding its mechanisms and increasing the critical temperature for potential applications. The "death" of high T superconductivity was due to challenges and limitations, but ongoing research may revive interest in the future. It is still relevant in modern science and differs from conventional superconductivity in its higher critical temperature and less understood mechanisms.
marlon
I made a thread on the above topic in which i provided this link :

http://physicsweb.org/articles/news/10/9/8/1

It is very interesting, so check it out.

Why was this thread deleted in the computational physics subforum ?

Well, i have an idea why but that does not correspond to the PF Guidelines.

marlon

Physics news on Phys.org
The thread was deleted because in the thread Superconductivity Explained, Gokul had already pointed out the article. So another thread would have been redundant.

Sorry, I should have left a note about it.

Zz.

Ok, that explains alot. Thanks Zz

marlon

1. Where is the current research on high T superconductivity headed?

The current research on high T superconductivity is focused on understanding the mechanisms behind this phenomenon and finding ways to increase the critical temperature at which superconductivity occurs. Scientists are also exploring potential applications of high T superconductivity, such as in energy storage and transportation.

2. What caused the death of high T superconductivity?

The "death" of high T superconductivity refers to the decrease in interest and funding for this research topic after the initial excitement and discovery of high T superconductivity in the late 1980s. This decrease was largely due to the challenges and limitations in achieving high T superconductivity consistently and reproducibly.

3. Can high T superconductivity be revived?

While high T superconductivity may not be receiving as much attention as it did in the past, research in this field is ongoing and progress is being made. It is possible that new discoveries and advancements in technology may lead to a revival of interest in high T superconductivity in the future.

4. Is high T superconductivity still relevant in modern science?

Yes, high T superconductivity is still relevant in modern science. While it may not be as widely studied as it once was, it has potential applications in various fields such as energy, transportation, and healthcare. Additionally, understanding the mechanisms behind high T superconductivity can also contribute to our understanding of other phenomena in condensed matter physics.

5. How does high T superconductivity differ from conventional superconductivity?

High T superconductivity is characterized by a critical temperature that is significantly higher than conventional superconductors. This means that high T superconductors can achieve superconductivity at higher temperatures, making them more practical for real-world applications. Additionally, the mechanisms behind high T superconductivity are still not fully understood, whereas conventional superconductivity is well-explained by the BCS theory.