Showing Bores in AutoCAD 2-space Top View

• Thread starter kahless2005
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Autocad
In summary, the conversation discusses how to show bores in a 2-space top view and how to dimension them. A provided link offers useful CAD information, including details on dimensioning and counterbores. It is suggested to use a hole note in the top view to call out the bore and counterbore dimensions.
kahless2005
I have an object that has a bore and a counterbore through it.

In a 2-space top view, how do I show the bores?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I meant dimension wise. ie. I have a bore that is 0.5 inches deep.

A simple hole note in the top view is an acceptable way to call out the hole with the c-bore.

For example:

Ø.500 THRU, C-BORE Ø.750 X .500 DEEP.

1. How do I show bores in AutoCAD 2-space top view?

To show bores in AutoCAD 2-space top view, you can use the "Hatch" or "Solid" tool to create a circular pattern with a solid fill. You can also use the "Circle" tool and change the properties to create a solid circle.

2. Can I show different sizes of bores in the top view?

Yes, you can show different sizes of bores in the top view by adjusting the properties of the "Hatch" or "Solid" pattern or by using different circle sizes. You can also use the "Ellipse" tool to create oval-shaped bores.

3. How can I show the depth of the bores in the top view?

You can show the depth of the bores in the top view by using the "Extrude" or "Revolve" tool to create a 3D representation of the bores. You can also use the "Dimension" tool to add depth measurements to the top view.

4. Is there a specific scale I should use for showing bores in the top view?

There is no specific scale that you should use for showing bores in the top view. The scale will depend on the size of your drawing and the level of detail you want to show. It is recommended to experiment with different scales to find the one that works best for your drawing.

5. Can I add labels or annotations to the bores in the top view?

Yes, you can add labels or annotations to the bores in the top view by using the "Text" or "Multiline Text" tool. You can also use the "Leader" tool to create a callout for the bores. Make sure to place the labels or annotations on a separate layer for easier editing and management.