Feeling Burned Out on Studying for Physics? How Can I Keep Myself Motivated?

• Courses
  • Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Course
In summary, the individual is struggling with maintaining motivation and interest in revising for their physics exams, after having completed a significant amount of practice papers and achieving a high A. They seek advice on how to stay motivated and avoid burnout, similar to what happened in their previous biology exams. Suggestions include taking breaks, reading ahead in textbooks, creating concise revision notes, and practicing problems while also exploring new and interesting material.
_Mayday_
Hey.

Well I have completed the Physics curriculum, and now it is just a question of revision. The problem is that I have done so many past papers, and I am averaging a high A but I am bored! I am just really put off by it all now, I've done it all a hundred times! How can I keep myself motivated, this is what happened in my biology at christmas. I sort of peaked too early, was averaging near full marks, and then just stopped because I couldn take it anymore. I got a B.

Any help or tips would be really nice!

_Mayday_

Physics news on Phys.org
Take a break, then read ahead. Find something you don't understand, and work at understanding it. It's worked all right for me :)

Cheers Tedjn, I'll give it a try.

I'm not sure what "read ahead" means, but I would guess that it means read in your textbook past where you are up to now. This is firstly, I imagine, not possible, since you have finished your AS level learning, but secondly, even if this is possible, I would not recommend trying to learn stuff way ahead when you've got exams in (I guess) a few weeks.

I agree that you should take a break; then perhaps try going through your notes, or textbook again. Write revision notes, trying to make them as concise as possible. Perhaps read a chapter and then try and write, with the book closed, a brief summary of the chapter.

Of course, while doing all this, don't forget to eventually start doing the practice problems again: they are certainly the way to excel!

By read ahead, I meant not just whatever textbook the school is using but whatever material he could get his hands on that is something new and interesting to him. Of course, it's important to review and redo problems, but I also think it should be balanced with self-study if one is motivated and wants to keep his or her interest.

1. What is "Tired of the Course"?

"Tired of the Course" refers to a state of being where one has become disinterested or unengaged in a particular course or subject matter.

2. What causes someone to become tired of a course?

There can be many factors that contribute to someone becoming tired of a course. It could be due to a lack of interest in the subject matter, difficulty understanding the material, or feeling overwhelmed by the workload.

3. How can someone overcome feeling tired of a course?

The best way to overcome feeling tired of a course is to try and find ways to make the material more interesting and engaging. This could include seeking help from a tutor or teacher, studying with others, or finding real-world applications for the material.

4. Can being tired of a course affect my grades?

Yes, being tired of a course can affect your grades as it can lead to a lack of motivation to complete assignments or study for exams. It is important to address this issue and find ways to re-engage with the course material in order to improve your grades.

5. Is it normal to feel tired of a course?

Feeling tired of a course is a common experience for many students. It is important to recognize this feeling and take steps to address it in order to maintain academic success and achieve your goals.