Need a Camera for Cute Kitten Pics?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jump
In summary, the conversation is about a video of a kitten attempting to make an epic jump. The owner mentions that the kitten needs no inspiration to make such attempts and that it looked like the kitten almost made it. They also mention their own experiences with kittens and pets. One person requests pictures of the kittens, and the owner agrees to share them.
gravenewworld
http://www.break.com/index/kitten-attempts-epic-jump.html

Ha

Physics news on Phys.org
my question, what did the kitty see that inspired her to make such an attempt?

Last edited:
lol
We just got two kittens a couple of weeks ago.

As most any kitten owner knows, They need no excuse or inspiration at all.

To me, it looked like just a wee-bit more and he would have gotten his claws hooked on the top and been able to pull himself over or at least peep over the edge.

My cat, when I was five, would cling by her claws to a lip right at the base of the window of the front door (she originally clung to the "screen" we had there and would hang there meowing at us til the screen ripped, so we had to put in a piece of glass to protect the screen).

Alfi said:
lol
We just got two kittens a couple of weeks ago.

We want pictures! (see cat lovers' thread)

We have a kitten that likes to do that to ME...trust me it REALLY hurts when his 12 oz (est) body lands on me with all claws out...and then he run/jumps off/over me.

I also have a puppy who runs/climbs behind me every time she's frightened, grabs/straddles/circles my head and licks my face.

Lot's of fun...

physics girl phd said:
to Alfi:
We want pictures! (see cat lovers' thread)

at your command.

:uhh:

guess that means I need to get a camera thing eh. :blushing:

1. What is the scientific explanation behind kittens attempting epic jumps?

The scientific explanation behind kittens attempting epic jumps lies in their innate curiosity and desire to explore their environment. As natural hunters, kittens are also known for their agility and acrobatic abilities, making them prone to attempting daring jumps.

2. How do kittens determine the distance and height of their jumps?

Kittens rely on their excellent eyesight and depth perception to measure the distance and height of their jumps. They also use their strong hind legs to propel themselves towards the target.

3. Are there any risks involved for kittens attempting epic jumps?

Yes, there are some risks involved for kittens attempting epic jumps. They may injure themselves if they misjudge the distance or land awkwardly. It is important for pet owners to supervise and provide a safe environment for their kittens to play in.

4. Can kittens be trained to perform epic jumps?

While kittens may naturally attempt epic jumps, they can also be trained to do so through positive reinforcement and plenty of practice. However, it is important to keep in mind their physical limitations and not push them beyond their capabilities.

5. Are there any benefits to kittens attempting epic jumps?

Yes, attempting epic jumps can provide kittens with mental and physical stimulation, improve their coordination and balance, and build their confidence. It also allows them to explore their surroundings and exercise their natural instincts.