Quantum Teleportation: Project Research & Expertise

In summary, the guys at NIST and the guys in Austria have been working on Q-teleportation using ion trap quantum computing. It's still in the early stages, but it's looking promising. They have also been working on Two-way teleportation, which has not been done before.
Bossieman
Im doing a projct in a course in QM and I have decided to write about Q-teleportation. Do we have any people here that know nice sites and articles in the subject? Maybe someone is an expert in the field. Any help would be appreciated.
I can't find any topics that talks about Q-teleportation in this forum, let's start right here and we can try to see if we can learn anything. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Look at the recent articles in Science and Nature by the guys (Wineland) from NIST and the guys in Austria. They did teleportation using ion trap quantum computing.

I find interesting this technique called Two-way teleportation. In it you have the habitual quantum channel shared between Alice and Bob. Then two qubits are teleported simultaneously, one from Alice two Bob and the other from Bob to Alice. Two-way teleportation was first suggested by Vaidman in 1994

I have read the article from june 17 2004 of Nature. A really good article. The main problem is all technical term that I am not familiar with. Like the name of the trap can't remember now but I think it is GHZ trap or something, I haven't a good picture of the understanding of the iontrap and the Bell state. can someone give a good explanation of the bell state concept?
Thanks.

Like the name of the trap can't remember now but I think it is GHZ trap or something

I have read Wineland's article, and it it he mentions the Paul trap

meteor said:
I find interesting this technique called Two-way teleportation. In it you have the habitual quantum channel shared between Alice and Bob. Then two qubits are teleported simultaneously, one from Alice two Bob and the other from Bob to Alice. Two-way teleportation was first suggested by Vaidman in 1994

That's pretty cool, I watch the news on this subject, I haven't seen this done before. Has it?

No,it has not been made, but look this paper, where there's a review of two-way teleportation and a generalization of this method to a new scheme called Chain teleportation

http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0409158

Hi, I'm currently working on a project on Quantum Computing

http://www.dream-odyssey.com/temp/temp.pl is where I've been keeping my pdf's for easy finding. There are quite a few that cover teleportation as well you're welcome to have a look

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is quantum teleportation?

Quantum teleportation is a process in which the exact state of a particle or system can be transmitted from one location to another, without the actual physical transfer of the particle itself.

2. How does quantum teleportation work?

Quantum teleportation relies on the principles of quantum entanglement and superposition. The quantum state of a particle is first entangled with another particle at the receiving location, and then the original particle is measured, collapsing its state and transferring the information to the entangled particle at the receiving location.

3. What are the potential applications of quantum teleportation?

Quantum teleportation has the potential to revolutionize communication and computing technologies. It could enable secure communication through quantum cryptography and facilitate the development of quantum computers capable of solving complex problems at a much faster rate than classical computers.

4. How is quantum teleportation different from traditional teleportation?

Traditional teleportation involves the instantaneous transfer of matter from one location to another, which is currently not possible due to the laws of physics. Quantum teleportation, on the other hand, transmits the information about the quantum state of a particle, rather than the particle itself.

5. What are the challenges facing quantum teleportation research?

One of the main challenges in quantum teleportation research is maintaining and manipulating the delicate quantum states of particles. Additionally, the technology and infrastructure necessary for large-scale quantum teleportation are still in the early stages of development.