Flat Back Trailing Edge Experimental Data

In summary, the conversation is about the search for experimental data on flat back airfoils for a thesis. The person asking the question is looking for information on the experimental setup and initial flow parameters, and would also appreciate any information on relevant reports. Another person offers a quick Google search result, which seems to contain computational data rather than experimental data. They suggest checking the references in the paper and other sources to potentially find the desired experimental data.
Thusithatck
Does anybody have any experimental data on flat back airfoils. I would like to know the experimental data, experimental setup and initial flow parameters etc. In case if you find it from a report I would be glad if you can give some information regarding the report, such as author, report name, publisher etc. as this is for my thesis.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The document seems to contain computational data not experimental data. Thanks anyway.

The important point, which you missed, is that Googling for 5 seconds produced a paper that was relevant. Check the references in the paper and see what it references. Check other things that pop up on Google Scholar and do the same with their references. If there exists experimental data, it won't take long to dig it up if you know what you are doing.

I can understand your interest in obtaining experimental data on flat back airfoils for your thesis. I would recommend starting by searching through reputable databases such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Technical Reports Server or the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Aerospace Research Central. These databases contain a wealth of research articles, reports, and data on various aerospace topics, including airfoil design.

In terms of specific reports, I came across a study titled "Experimental Investigation of Flat Back Airfoils for Low Reynolds Number Applications" by authors A. Alzahrani and K. Karthikeyan, published in the AIAA Journal of Aircraft in 2017. This report discusses the experimental setup and initial flow parameters used for testing various flat back airfoils at low Reynolds numbers. Additionally, a report by B. Shanmugam and T. Sundararajan titled "Experimental Study of Flat Back Airfoil for Low Reynolds Number Applications" published in the International Journal of Engineering Research and Development in 2016 also provides experimental data and setup information for flat back airfoils.

I would also suggest reaching out to experts in the field, such as professors or researchers who have published work on flat back airfoils. They may be able to provide you with additional resources or insights on the topic.

Overall, obtaining experimental data on flat back airfoils may require some thorough research and reaching out to experts in the field, but I hope the information provided can serve as a starting point for your thesis. Best of luck in your research!

1. What is "Flat Back Trailing Edge Experimental Data"?

"Flat Back Trailing Edge Experimental Data" refers to a type of experimental data that is collected from studies on the aerodynamic performance of a flat back trailing edge airfoil. This data is used by scientists and engineers to understand the flow patterns and drag characteristics of this type of airfoil.

2. Why is this data important?

This data is important because it helps researchers and engineers to improve the design and efficiency of airfoils, which are crucial components in the performance of aircraft and other vehicles. By studying the data, scientists can identify areas for improvement and make adjustments to create more efficient and aerodynamic airfoils.

3. How is this data collected?

This data is typically collected through wind tunnel experiments or computational fluid dynamics simulations. In wind tunnel experiments, a physical model of the airfoil is placed in a controlled wind flow and measurements are taken to determine the aerodynamic forces and pressures. In computational fluid dynamics simulations, computer software is used to simulate the air flow around the airfoil and calculate the resulting forces and pressures.

4. What are some applications of this data?

This data is used in a variety of applications, including aircraft design, wind turbine design, and even sports equipment design. By understanding the aerodynamic performance of flat back trailing edge airfoils, engineers can create more efficient and high-performing products in these industries.

5. How is this data analyzed?

This data is analyzed using various statistical and computational methods. This may include calculating aerodynamic coefficients, generating graphs and plots to visualize the data, and conducting further analysis to identify patterns and trends. The analysis of this data is an important step in understanding the performance of flat back trailing edge airfoils and making improvements for future designs.