Hells Angels bikie in a Beijing Opera Concert

• Thread starter Sharky1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Angels
In summary: This is because you are required to measure with a precision that would involve a large amount of energy. Therefore the vacuum looks like it has more energy in it than it should have, but the extra energy is borrowed and then given back very quickly. This is the reason that the atom is stable and does not collapse.If I could bother you with one more question could you point me in the right direction to find information on the "clumping together" of galaxies? With regards to randomness and chance it sounds like there must have been some kind of experiment where the catalytic variables were exactly the same to prove that randomness and
Sharky1
Space is endless, I mean the 'real space' outside our universe.

Our Universe is said to be about 13.7 billion years old but it is 150 billion years in Diameter. I don't want to get into all the specifics because it does my head in and truthfully I'm not that smart but if the big bang was to happen somewhere else in 'space' and spawn another universe what would make it different to our own universe?

Would everything be the same? Would all the particles, atoms etc. etc. after the big bang (singularity) fly off in the same direction? Would everything be exactly the same? Does randomness and chance play a part in this?

Is there another me writing this now or at another moment in time? Does me realizing there is multiple other me's in other universes let me change the path of destiny?

Are some champions of string theory right in saying when two universes smash together they create another big bang and it starts all over again?

Because of the vast distances involved in the above are these questions that may never be answered?

I am an underground Diamond Driller, basically an uneducated labourer who is more than likely way out of his depth/comfort zone like a Hells Angels bikie who accidently finds his way into a Beijing Opera Concert.

Cheers.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Come to think of it there is no such thing as randomness and chance, if you have the exact same variables the outcome should be the same, it all comes down to the singularity.

Hi Sharky1! Welcome to PF! :smile:
Sharky1 said:
… if the big bang was to happen somewhere else in 'space' and spawn another universe what would make it different to our own universe?

Would everything be the same? Would all the particles, atoms etc. etc. after the big bang (singularity) fly off in the same direction? Would everything be exactly the same? Does randomness and chance play a part in this?

Brane theory (see eg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brane_cosmology) imagines that our 3D universe is in a higher-dimensional "bulk".

(There is no evidence for or against brane theory)

If there was another universe, floating around in the "bulk", it could affect our universe, but only by gravity, since gravity is the only force that can "leak" across the "bulk".

Gravity wouldn't affect the nature of particles (electrons quarks etc), so chemistry should be the same. The only noticeable effect should be that the gravitational constant G would be different in some parts of our universe.

In a big bang, everything goes in every direction (and btw, only fundamental particles, not atoms … atoms come later).

Yes, randomness and chance is what leads to "clumping together" that eventually become galaxies.

Hi Tiny-Tim,

Thanks for your reply, good to know someone is reading and willing to reply.

Do you think gravity leaking across the "bulk" is why it is a weak force compared to the other 3 forces? I remember seeing that in a doco years ago called down the rabbit hole or something which I assume you are familiar with.

I also remember reading that subatomic particles can pop in and out of existence. What are your thoughts on this? Apologies if I am asking too much as right or wrong I assume you have already been asked these questions in the past.

If I could bother you with one more question could you point me in the right direction to find information on the "clumping together" of galaxies? With regards to randomness and chance it sounds like there must have been some kind of experiment where the catalytic variables were exactly the same to prove that randomness and chance does exist.

Thanks again for your reply and your interest in my questions. As previously stated I am reasonably uneducated and am very happy to have someone answers my questions which others might found boring and obvious.

Cheers,

Steve.

Sharky1 said:
Space is endless, I mean the 'real space' outside our universe.

There is no such thing as space "outside" our universe that we know of.

Our Universe is said to be about 13.7 billion years old but it is 150 billion years in Diameter. I don't want to get into all the specifics because it does my head in and truthfully I'm not that smart but if the big bang was to happen somewhere else in 'space' and spawn another universe what would make it different to our own universe?

The big bang happened everywhere in the universe, but think I understand your question. The truth is that we have no idea. The origin of the universe is a mystery to us. All we know is that our universe was once much denser and hotter in the past and has expanded and cooled over time.

Unknown. Randomness and chance would play a part in certain things, like which areas of the universe are more or less dense than others, but as for the fundamental laws we simply don't know.

Is there another me writing this now or at another moment in time? Does me realizing there is multiple other me's in other universes let me change the path of destiny?

Unknown.

Are some champions of string theory right in saying when two universes smash together they create another big bang and it starts all over again?

Unknown.

Because of the vast distances involved in the above are these questions that may never be answered?

Maybe. I expect it's more like we may not even be able to observe alternate universes at all, even in principle, thanks to the way the laws of nature work.

Sharky1 said:
I also remember reading that subatomic particles can pop in and out of existence. What are your thoughts on this? Apologies if I am asking too much as right or wrong I assume you have already been asked these questions in the past.

You are referring to virtual particles, something which is dealt with in quantum theories, not cosmology. The concept is extremely confusing if you don't know much about physics, so my best advice would be to just remember that virtual particles aren't "real" particles that we can observe and measure.

If I could bother you with one more question could you point me in the right direction to find information on the "clumping together" of galaxies? With regards to randomness and chance it sounds like there must have been some kind of experiment where the catalytic variables were exactly the same to prove that randomness and chance does exist.

The matter in the early universe was extremely dense, and quantum fluctuations resulted in some areas of space being slightly more or less dense than others. The matter in denser areas eventually coalesced into galaxies and stars, while the less dense areas lost their matter to the denser areas and became voids. At the quantum level we truly have complete randomness, as far as we know, so it is accepted that these fluctuations would have been random in nature.

Hi Steve! :smile:
Sharky1 said:
Do you think gravity leaking across the "bulk" is why it is a weak force compared to the other 3 forces?

That wouldn't depend on the existence of other universes in the "bulk" …

the leaking of gravity would happen anyway.

If there are no other universes in the "bulk", what difference is there between (a) the "bulk" existing and explaining gravity, and (b) a mathematical rule which operates entirely in our universe and which has the same effect? :wink:
I also remember reading that subatomic particles can pop in and out of existence. What are your thoughts on this?

Pairs of particles (one the anti-particle of the other) certainly do pop into existence.

Single particles don't (the single "virtual particles" in quantum field theory and feynman diagrams are only a mathematical trick which helps in certain calculations).

1. Who are the Hells Angels and what is a Beijing Opera Concert?

The Hells Angels are a well-known motorcycle club that originated in California in the 1940s. They are known for their distinctive logo and their involvement in organized crime. Beijing Opera Concerts are traditional Chinese performances that combine music, dance, and acrobatics.

2. Why would a Hells Angels bikie be at a Beijing Opera Concert?

It is not uncommon for members of the Hells Angels to attend cultural events and concerts, as they are not solely defined by their criminal activities. Additionally, many people enjoy attending Beijing Opera Concerts for their unique and entertaining performances.

3. Is it unusual for a Hells Angels bikie to be interested in traditional Chinese culture?

No, it is not unusual for individuals to have diverse interests and hobbies, even if they belong to a particular group or organization. It is important not to stereotype or make assumptions about a person based on their membership in a certain group.

4. Are there any connections between the Hells Angels and the Beijing Opera?

There is no known connection between the Hells Angels and the Beijing Opera. The Hells Angels are a motorcycle club and the Beijing Opera is a traditional Chinese performing art. Any perceived connections would be purely coincidental.

5. How does the presence of a Hells Angels bikie affect a Beijing Opera Concert?

In most cases, the presence of a Hells Angels member at a Beijing Opera Concert would not have any significant impact on the event. They would simply be another audience member enjoying the performance. However, if their presence caused any disruptions or disturbances, it would be handled by event security in the same manner as any other disruptive attendee.