Where would the best place to put this be?

• Thread starter Whovian
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone writing a mathematically formal article defining "coolness" and asking for help on where to post the question. There is a discussion about where the best place to post the question would be and a suggestion to check out a classic article on the imperturbability of elevator operators. There are also humorous suggestions for defining "coolness" mathematically, including defining it as the opposite of "uncoolness" or multiplying it by a number.
Whovian
For fun, I'm writing an article, as mathematically formal as possible, which, at the end, gives a rigorous definition of "coolness."

Anyways, there's a thing I'm having difficulty coming up with a definition for, and I wanted to ask for help. However, since this for a parody paper, I feel that the mathematics forums are a bad place to post, but since it's rigorous and such, General Discussion seems out of place, too.

Does anyone have any idea where the best forum to ask is, or even if a question of this sort belongs on the PF at all?

Physics news on Phys.org
General Discussion seems fine, I guess. The mentors can still move it if it turns out to be not suitable.

if you're truly cool, you'll look good anywhere! :smile:

i take it you've studied Newton's law of coolness, and the fonzarelli series? :thumbs:

This is easy. You just define "uncoolness", and then define "coolness" as "not uncoolness" :biggrin:

AlephZero said:
This is easy. You just define "uncoolness", and then define "coolness" as "not uncoolness" :biggrin:

Or, you could define "1", then multiply that by "coolness". Voila!

http://brian.shaler.name/images/blog/coolness-graph.png

Image compliments of http://brian.shaler.name/pages/blog/brian-shaler-is-not-cool/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Where would be the best place to put this object in terms of safety?

The best place to put an object in terms of safety would be somewhere that is stable and secure, out of reach from potential hazards such as extreme temperatures, sharp objects, or chemicals. It is also important to consider if the object could potentially cause harm to others if not placed in a safe location.

2. Where should I put this to maximize its effectiveness?

The best place to put an object to maximize its effectiveness would depend on the specific purpose or function of the object. For example, if the object is a tool, it should be placed in a easily accessible location near where it will be used. If the object is for display, it should be placed in a location where it can be seen and admired by others.

3. Is there a specific location where this object should not be placed?

Yes, there are certain locations where an object should not be placed. This could include areas with high levels of moisture, direct sunlight, or near other objects that could potentially damage it. It is important to consider the specific needs and vulnerabilities of the object when deciding where to place it.

4. How can I determine the best place to put this object in terms of convenience?

To determine the best place to put an object for convenience, consider factors such as frequency of use, accessibility, and proximity to other frequently used items. The goal is to place the object in a location that is easily reachable and convenient for its intended use.

5. Is there a specific location that will help preserve the longevity of this object?

Yes, the best place to put an object for longevity would be in a controlled environment with stable temperature and humidity levels. This will help prevent damage or deterioration over time. Additionally, keeping the object away from sources of potential damage, such as harsh chemicals or direct sunlight, can also help preserve its longevity.