How did you guys become mentors

• Thread starter smart_worker
  • Start date
In summary: on the forum, its like they are possessed by some sort of entity and that is why their posts are so strange and nonsensical
smart_worker
are you paid?how many hours do you spend here everyday?also do you have some other job or you only be here in this forum the whole day and how do you manage your work if you are doing some other job or something,then it would be very busy for you to come here i guess?also what are the requirements for becoming a mentor in any forum?

Physics news on Phys.org
smart_worker said:
are you paid?how many hours do you spend here everyday?also do you have some other job or you only be here in this forum the whole day and how do you manage your work if you are doing some other job or something,then it would be very busy for you to come here i guess?also what are the requirements for becoming a mentor in any forum?

The staff is comprised of an ancient alien race of robots. They are paid in girl scout cookies. The only requirement is that you can speak Fur'dälish (their language), oh, and you must kill a three headed dragon.

Seriously, they're just extraordinary people with a common purpose. Give them thanks!

Greg Bernhardt said:
The staff is comprised of an ancient alien race of robots. They are paid in girl scout cookies. The only requirement is that you can speak Fur'dälish (their language), oh, and you must kill a three headed dragon.

:rofl:

Greg Bernhardt said:
They are paid in girl scout cookies

Sigh. I just checked and you are right, there is cookies added as a footnote in a very small print.

Borek said:
Sigh. I just checked and you are right, there is cookies added as a footnote in a very small print.
Sorry Borek, but you're cookie shipment was returned and I didn't want them to go to waste. *burp*

The mentors on PF have an eerie relationship with Slurp Spiders and other virtual entities.

smart_worker said:
are you paid?how many hours do you spend here everyday?also do you have some other job or you only be here in this forum the whole day and how do you manage your work if you are doing some other job or something,then it would be very busy for you to come here i guess?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=720125

:smile:

arildno said:
The mentors on PF have an eerie relationship with Slurp Spiders and other virtual entities.

now i understood why people have strange names

1. How did you become a mentor?

I became a mentor through my passion for teaching and helping others. I have always enjoyed sharing my knowledge and experiences with others and mentoring allows me to do that in a more structured and impactful way.

2. What motivated you to become a mentor?

I was motivated to become a mentor because I wanted to make a positive impact on someone's life. By sharing my knowledge and experiences, I hope to inspire and guide individuals to reach their full potential and achieve their goals.

3. What qualities do you think make a good mentor?

A good mentor should possess qualities such as patience, good communication skills, empathy, and a strong desire to help others. They should also have a good understanding of their mentee's needs and be able to provide guidance and support in a non-judgmental manner.

4. How do you handle difficult situations with your mentees?

I handle difficult situations with my mentees by actively listening to their concerns, providing reassurance and support, and offering practical solutions. I also try to maintain a positive and understanding attitude, while also setting boundaries and encouraging open communication.

5. How has mentoring impacted your own personal and professional growth?

Mentoring has had a significant impact on my personal and professional growth. It has allowed me to strengthen my leadership and communication skills, gain new perspectives, and learn from my mentees. It has also helped me to develop a deeper understanding of different cultures and backgrounds, making me a more well-rounded individual.