Why Are My Threads Closing So Quickly?

• Thread starter smart_worker
  • Start date
In summary: Asian people who grow up in countries where English isn't the first language tend to have a harder time with it than people from other regions who learn English in school.In summary, the speed of thread closures on Physics Forums can depend on various factors, such as the potential for medical advice being given, adherence to forum rules, and the language abilities of members. It is important to read and follow the forum rules and to seek proper medical care for any health concerns.
smart_worker
now a days why are my threads getting closed so quickly.there are a few threads like this one:https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=728494 which has no response at all but still remains open.but a few hours ago i posted a thread and it's closed so fast.i don't know why they closed it but some threads remain without any reply for ages unclosed but some threads gets closed within the blink of my eye.i don't know why?

Physics news on Phys.org
smart_worker said:
now a days why are my threads getting closed so quickly.there are a few threads like this one:https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=728494 which has no response at all but still remains open.but a few hours ago i posted a thread and it's closed so fast.i don't know why they closed it but some threads remain without any reply for ages unclosed but some threads gets closed within the blink of my eye.i don't know why?
Any thread where there is a possibility of a medical condition will usually get closed to prevent people from attempting to make a diagnosis and as a way of encouraging the member to seek proper medical care. I, for one, do not want to feel responsible if a member complaining of side effects from a concussion died or suffered further disabling due to a complication that could have been caught with proper medical care.

smart_worker said:

Have you read the forum rules?

phinds said:
Have you read the forum rules?

more than thice

smart_worker said:
more than thice

I'm not sure how many "thice" is :tongue:

phinds said:

It's a number between a google and a yahoo...

phinds said:
It's between "twice" and "thrice", so two and a half times.

berkeman said:
It's a number between a google and a yahoo...
What happens if you google Yahoo!?

Mark44 said:
What happens if you google Yahoo!?

It's like dividing infinity by zero.

:rofl:

You owe me a new keyboard, Storm Tooper! :smile:

Drakkith said:
It's like dividing infinity by zero.

Yeah, but even so it's not nearly as confusing as Goggleing Google

phinds said:
Yeah, but even so it's not nearly as confusing as Goggleing Google

Don't goggle google or your eyes will get all giggly jiggly.

phinds said:

It's Indian English for "tree times". Or maybe East Asian English for "tlee timeh".

Likes 1 person
AlephZero said:
It's Indian English for "tree times". Or maybe East Asian English for "tlee timeh".

asians though not good at english,they are fluent in their native languages.:tongue:

Asians who grow up in English speaking environments are just as good at English as anyone else.

1. Why do my threads keep closing so quickly?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that your computer or device is running low on memory or processing power, causing threads to close in order to conserve resources. Another possibility is that the website or server you are using has a limit on the amount of time a thread can remain open. Additionally, it could be a setting on your device or browser that is automatically closing threads after a certain amount of time.

2. Is there a way to make my threads stay open longer?

If your device or browser has a setting that is automatically closing threads, you can adjust this setting to keep threads open longer. However, if the issue is related to a limit set by the website or server, there may not be a way to change this. You can try reaching out to the website or server administrator to see if they can adjust the limit.

3. Are there any potential risks to keeping threads open for longer periods of time?

Yes, there are potential risks to keeping threads open for longer periods of time. This can put a strain on your device's memory and processing power, and can also leave you vulnerable to security threats if the thread is connected to a website or server.

4. Can I manually close a thread when I am done with it?

Yes, you can manually close a thread by clicking on the "X" or "close" button on the thread. This will end the thread and free up any resources it was using.

5. How can I prevent my threads from closing so quickly in the future?

If your device or browser is automatically closing threads, you can adjust the settings as mentioned earlier. Additionally, you can try using a different device or browser, as some may have different default settings. If the issue is related to a website or server limit, there may not be a way to prevent threads from closing quickly unless the limit is adjusted by the administrator.