Looking for a wireless system for collecting 12+ temp. measurements

In summary, the conversation covers suggestions for wireless transmitters/receivers for temperature measurements, with one person recommending a product from Onset and another suggesting Omega or bluetooth. There is also a brief mention of NL's LabView as a means of acquiring and analyzing data.
atlbraves49
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions in terms of wireless transmitters/receivers for a system that will have over a dozen temperature measurements (either thermocouples or RTD's). I have no idea where to even begin looking. Thanks,

Engineering news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
Here's one: http://www.onsetcomp.com/products/weather_stations

I've never used that particular one, but Onset makes great products.

hmm I am actually looking for something.. maybe smaller scale? Its for measuring thermoelectrics, i.e. a lot smaller than weather type temperatures.

Can't vouch for their systems, having mainly worked with National Instruments (who only offer 4ch wireless), but you could try Omega.

Well, you haven't really given us much information but I would suggest bluetooth. Its relatively cheap and easier to work with than wifi. Although some of it requires ATA commands if IIRC. Its been a while since I've done any wireless stuff.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8332

BTW, NL's LabView blows!

Topher925 said:
BTW, NL's LabView blows!

Not really, it's pretty powerful if you persevere with it. If you have the time to learn how to program everything in a non graphical manner it's probably less useful, but as a quick and easy means of acquiring, analysing and displaying data it's pretty good.

1. What is the range of the wireless system for collecting temperature measurements?

The range of the wireless system will depend on the specific model and manufacturer. It is important to research and choose a system that has a range suitable for your needs, taking into consideration any potential obstacles or interference that may affect the range.

2. How accurate are the temperature measurements collected by the wireless system?

The accuracy of the temperature measurements will also vary depending on the system. It is important to choose a system that has been tested and proven to provide accurate readings. Look for systems with a high resolution and a small margin of error.

3. Can the wireless system collect temperature measurements from multiple locations simultaneously?

Some wireless systems may have the capability to collect temperature measurements from multiple locations at the same time. However, this also depends on the specific system and its features. Be sure to check the specifications before making a purchase.

4. How long does the battery last on the wireless system?

The battery life of the wireless system will vary depending on factors such as usage, temperature, and battery type. It is important to choose a system with a long-lasting battery or one that can be easily replaced.

5. Is the wireless system compatible with other devices or software?

Some wireless systems may have compatibility with other devices or software, allowing for easier data transfer and analysis. It is important to check if the system is compatible with any other devices or software you plan to use in your research or data collection.