Where to take calc 3 online in the summer?

In summary, there are several options for online math courses, including one through Onondaga - a SUNY school in Upstate New York, and one through Michigan Tech. LSU also offers a math course, though it is done through mail rather than fully online. Having an instructor grade and comment on written work may make the mail option a better choice for math courses.
harvellt
Anyone know an online school/program that offers this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Onondaga - A SUNY SChool in Upstate New York has a course. I just finished taking Calculus III this Fall, through them. Not too bad. The teacher wasn't much of a help, but the class was reasonably easy.
http://www.sunyocc.edu/academics.aspx?id=1676&ekmensel=c580fa7b_324_327_1676_2
Also, I saw Michigan Tech has an Online Multivariable Calculus Course. Online math courses are tough to find...hope this helped.

http://www.is.lsu.edu/courselist.asp?cat=Mathematics&nid=102&pg=

LSU has one aswell.

Last edited:
Vid said:
http://www.is.lsu.edu/courselist.asp?cat=Mathematics&nid=102&pg=

LSU has one aswell.

That one is through the mail...not necessarily online (I know because I looked there when I was looking for a Calc III course).

Which is actually better than online for math since you'll have an instructor grading and commenting on your written work.

1. Where can I find a reputable online course for Calc 3 in the summer?

There are many reputable online institutions that offer Calc 3 courses in the summer, such as Coursera, edX, and Khan Academy. It is important to do research and read reviews to ensure the course meets your needs and standards.

2. Can I take Calc 3 online in the summer and receive credit for it?

Yes, many online institutions offer accredited courses that will count towards your degree requirements. However, it is important to check with your own institution to make sure they accept online credits.

3. What are the prerequisites for taking Calc 3 online in the summer?

The prerequisites for Calc 3 may vary depending on the institution offering the course. Generally, it is recommended to have a strong understanding of calculus and algebra before taking Calc 3. Some institutions may also require completion of Calc 1 and 2.

4. How long does a typical Calc 3 online course last in the summer?

The duration of a Calc 3 online course in the summer can vary depending on the institution and the pace of the course. Generally, it can range from 6-12 weeks, with the expectation of spending 8-10 hours per week on coursework.

5. Can I take Calc 3 online in the summer if I am not a math major?

Yes, many online institutions offer Calc 3 for students from various majors. However, it is important to check with your institution to make sure the course will fulfill your degree requirements. It is also recommended to have a strong foundation in calculus and algebra before taking Calc 3.