Does anyone know any childern's books about Newtons Laws or Catapults?

In summary, the conversation was about finding children's books related to Newton's laws and catapults as a gift for a 10-year-old who loves catapults. Some suggested books included "The Cartoon Guide to Physics" and "The Science Book: Everything You Need to Know About the World and How It Works." However, these books are general physics and not specific to Newton's laws or catapults.
piareround
Hey everyone,

Random question.

Does anyone know any good childern's books about Newton's laws or catapults? I was thinking about getting a gift for my cousin who is turning 10 soon. He really likes catapults so I was thinking about getting him an educational book about catapults, Newton's laws of motion, or the history of siege engines. Any suggested books you guys could recommend would be awesome. Thanks

pieareround.

Physics news on Phys.org
Any suggested books you guys could recommend
These are suggestions of physics books.

I don't know how appropriate this would be for 10 year old but I was gifted this one. It's awesome. If your cousin loves physics he will love it even more.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0471762733/?tag=pfamazon01-20

also this great

https://www.amazon.com/dp/145160713X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

also try Physics for Entertainment by Yakov Perelman I'm not sure about this one. And I think it has 2 volumes

Note: All the books are general physics. They are not specific to Newton's laws or catapult. But they are great if someone loves physics.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are Newton's Laws of Motion and why are they important for children to learn about?

Newton's Laws of Motion are three scientific principles that describe how objects move and interact with one another. They are important for children to learn about because they explain the fundamental concepts of motion and force, which are essential for understanding the physical world around us.

2. Can you recommend any children's books that explain Newton's Laws of Motion in a fun and engaging way?

Yes, there are many great children's books that cover Newton's Laws of Motion. Some popular options include "Forces Make Things Move" by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, "Isaac Newton and the Laws of Motion" by Andrea Gianopoulos, and "What is the World Made Of? All About Solids, Liquids, and Gases" by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld.

3. Are there any children's books specifically about catapults and how they work?

Yes, there are several children's books that focus on catapults and their role in history and science. Some recommendations include "How Did That Get In My Lunchbox? The Story of Food" by Chris Butterworth, "The Catapult: A History" by Tracey Turner, and "The Science of Catapults" by Ian Graham.

4. Are there any interactive or hands-on children's books that explore Newton's Laws of Motion or catapults?

Absolutely! There are many interactive books that allow children to explore Newton's Laws of Motion and catapults through hands-on experiments and activities. Some examples include "The Everything Kids' Science Experiments Book" by Tom Robinson, "The Book of Totally Irresponsible Science" by Sean Connolly, and "The Science Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained" by DK Publishing.

5. How can parents or educators use children's books about Newton's Laws of Motion or catapults to supplement learning in the classroom or at home?

Children's books about Newton's Laws of Motion and catapults can be a great supplement to classroom learning or at-home education. They can provide visual aids, interactive activities, and relatable stories to help reinforce the concepts being taught. Additionally, they can spark curiosity and interest in science, leading to further exploration and learning. Parents and educators can also use these books as a starting point for discussions and hands-on experiments related to these topics.