YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Youtube
In summary, this conversation covers a wide range of topics, from comedic videos and commercials to impressive talents and performances. Participants share their thoughts and opinions on various videos and also reminisce about childhood memories. Some notable videos mentioned include a hilarious commercial about a kid throwing a tantrum and his mom's unexpected reaction, a funny World of Warcraft funeral crashers video, a brave climber scaling a rock with no ropes, and a clever artist animation of a Mars rover. The conversation also touches on politics and news media with discussions about biased reporting and a zinger from Jon Stewart. Overall, the conversation is filled with humor and interesting content, making for an entertaining read.
Ivan Seeking said:
They said: "This is how we intend to defeat the imperialist, capitalist, pigs". The rest was some mumbling about Anna Nichole Smith.
you have to admit that 1000 shots per minute is impressive.

to whoever asked for what they say there, they say since your stuff flies so low they had to combine radiolocation with optical target recognition, and select either missle launch or more old-fashioned fire based on circumstances.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just wanted to pitch this which is one of the darker British comedies from Chris Morris for all those who are anti-valentine or alternatively the ultimate valentines gift for an ex-lover. It probably requires a warning of don't watch if squeamish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vomit Comet Kitty

These are not cat lovers.

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=JV_QI2YV1pQ&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//sjl-static1.sjl.youtube.com/vi/JV_QI2YV1pQ/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJcPeFEpFQnZsn1z5AW6iBr" [Broken]

OK just a few comedy gems I found.

The real Braveheart :smile:

Some sketches about our lord.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
OK just a few comedy gems I found.

The real Braveheart :smile:

Some sketches about our lord.

I watch these nearly every day :biggrin: I wish they'd bring fist of fun and TMWRNJ out on dvd.

Kurdt said:
I watch these nearly every day :biggrin: I wish they'd bring fist of fun and TMWRNJ out on dvd.

There's no justice in the world, why did they take this off and leave TMWRAJ still running? Ahhhhh! no not Ahhh! Why? Ahhhhh, no not Ahhhhh:wink: answer the question?:biggrin:

Not on DVD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2uS22weMQ&mode=related&search=

Last edited:
Its amazing to think that it was broadcast on a Sunday lunchtime as well and was for the most part a live event. This of course led to ssome memorable moments such as Rod Hull vs the Curious Orange.

Kurdt said:
Its amazing to think that it was broadcast on a Sunday lunchtime as well and was for the most part a live event. This of course led to ssome memorable moments such as Rod Hull vs the Curious Orange.

Indeed, I remember watching it and thinking, first time in years I have a reason to watch TV at the weekend before lunchtime :smile:

I followed it religiously and thank you Kurdt for reminding me.

Classic red dwarf scene :smile:

Blackadder

Well, it's not youtube, but it's interesting -

We didn't start this website
http://wdstw.ytmnd.com/ - Flash necessary

Lisa Randall
Lisa Randall studies particle physics and cosmology at Harvard University , where she is professor of theoretical physics. Her research concerns elementary particles and fundamental forces, and has involved the study a wide variety of models, the most recent involving extra dimensions of space. She has also worked on supersymmetry, Standard Model observables, cosmological inflation, baryogenesis, grand unified theories, general relativity, and string theory. Professor Randall recently completed a book entitled Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions , which was included in the New York Times' 100 notable books of 2005.[continued]
http://www.physics.harvard.edu/people/facpages/randall.html
on Charlie Rose
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-45154219728824809&sourceid=searchfeed%20 [Broken]

Ride the Robot
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2079889503361061502&q=type%3Agpick [Broken]

This is one of my all time favorites:

Things to Come is a 1936 British science fiction film, produced by Alexander Korda and directed by William Cameron Menzies. The screenplay was written by H. G. Wells and is a loose adaptation of his own 1933 novel The Shape of Things to Come and his 1931 non-fiction work, The Work, Wealth and Happiness of Mankind. The film stars Raymond Massey.

Christopher Frayling of the British Film Institute calls Things to Come "a landmark in cinematic design."

[edit] Synopsis
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
Things to Come sets out a future history for the century following 1936.

The film begins in the fictional English town of 'Everytown' in 1940, as a global world war breaks out. The war lasts for decades, long enough for the remaining survivors to have forgotten the reasons for it in the first place. Strategic bombing is so successful that civilisation on both sides is totally devastated. Humanity falls into a new Dark Age where the technology level is reduced to that of medieval times, symbolised by an automobile being drawn like a cart by a horse. There is even a medieval-type plague sweeping through the land, known as "the wandering sickness."

In 1970, Everytown is run by a local warlord called Rudolf, a.k.a 'The Boss' or 'The Chief' (played by Ralph Richardson), who is at constant war with the "Hill People" and obsessed with fixing up the old remaining biplanes and capturing coal mines in order to convert the coal to fuel for the aircraft. The Chief consolidated his power over Everytown after having eradicated "the wandering sickness" by shooting all those infected with the disease.

One day, a futuristic aeroplane lands outside the town. The Chief and the townspeople are incredulous when the pilot John Cabal (played by Raymond Massey) proclaims that the last surviving band of scientists have formed a society known as 'Wings Over the World'. They are building a civilisation, based in Basra, Iraq, that has renounced war and has outlawed independent nation-states. The Chief resists by making the pilot his prisoner, but the Chief's mechanic (whom he was using to fix up old biplanes from the war) escapes to Basra in a plane he was testing, and alerts Cabal's scientist friends regarding his capture. [continued]
- wiki -

Things To Come [1936]
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8876180018878952272&q=source%3A17515946480830233465 [Broken]

radou said:
This one is called "Young Arnold Schwarzenegger in Brazil". I've got a bruise from falling of the chair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uerFZ2Z42nc"

That is funny! Did you see that dancers face when he grabbed her bottom?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When cats Attack!

:rofl: ahh made me smile.

Kurdt said:
When cats Attack!

That is cute:smile:

Kurdt said:
When cats Attack!

:biggrin: Yep, got a smile out of that one.

Here is another good one found near yours. We already had talking dogs, but now we have:
Talking Cats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N93MzNN9hOw&NR

I don't know why i got teary eyed when I saw this.. but i did i think it's beautiful:

and here is a cartoon cartoon I made when i was 16 or 17, it's split into 2 parts cause it was too long for youtube... it took me forever to make:

PT. 1:

PT. 2:

Ivan Seeking said:
:biggrin: Yep, got a smile out of that one.

Here is another good one found near yours. We already had talking dogs, but now we have:
Talking Cats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N93MzNN9hOw&NR

I was watching the talking cats beforehand :biggrin:

I don't know why i got teary eyed when I saw this.. but i did i think it's beautiful:

Yes that is rather beautiful. The poor Kiwi achieved its life dream knowing it would have to expend its life to do so. I think the creator would deserve a first for their masters.

larkspur said:
That is funny! Did you see that dancers face when he grabbed her bottom?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You bet I did.

And apropos Schwarzenegger, here is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard in my whole life:A few clips from his first film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FpADrNcNI"

I didn't see this one posted yet. It's a series of Japanese commercials (?) known as the "Incredible Machine." Can someone translate the jingle they sing over and over? My kids are singing it all day. (Maybe it just says "The incredible machine.")
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5nmspVOz_Y

Chi Meson said:
I didn't see this one posted yet. It's a series of Japanese commercials (?) known as the "Incredible Machine." Can someone translate the jingle they sing over and over? My kids are singing it all day. (Maybe it just says "The incredible machine.")

wow that there blew me mind... agh it reminds me of this computer game i used to play in like grade one where you have to build a machine like that.. anyone know what I am talking abut? i used to love that game!

Chi Meson said:

LOL, that was cool.
They're singing pitagorasuicchi, Japanese for (probably) Pythagorasswitch.

Galileo said:
LOL, that was cool.
They're singing pitagorasuicchi, Japanese for (probably) Pythagorasswitch.

I thought you were joking, but you're right.
Pitagora Suichi is a children's educational show in Japan.

I just found this guy on youtube and I can't stop watching him. He has a fantastic array of styles with the acoustic guitar.

Andy McKee - Rylynn:

Andy McKee - Africa cover:

Andy McKee - Drifting:

And there are many more on youtube but those are my faves.

You'd probably like Adrian Legg, too Kurdt, but it appears his record company has made youtube pull all the clips, but one - the intro to a song played with no fingering at all. Just fingerpicking and adjusting the string tensions with tuners. He is incredible on acoustic guitar and gives clinics for Ovatation/Adamas.

<h2>1. What is "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids"?</h2><p>"YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" is a curated collection of educational videos for children that are available on the popular video-sharing platform, YouTube. These videos cover a wide range of topics, from science and history to art and music, and are designed to engage and educate young viewers.</p><h2>2. Who creates the videos featured in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids"?</h2><p>The videos featured in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" are created by a variety of content creators, including educational channels, children's media companies, and individual educators. They are carefully selected based on their quality, accuracy, and appropriateness for young audiences.</p><h2>3. Are the videos in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" safe for children?</h2><p>Yes, the videos in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" are handpicked to ensure they are appropriate for young viewers. However, it is always recommended for parents to monitor their child's screen time and watch the videos with them to ensure they are suitable for their child's age and interests.</p><h2>4. Can I access "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" for free?</h2><p>Yes, "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" is completely free to access. The videos are available on YouTube, which is a free platform. However, some videos may have advertisements, so it is recommended to use an ad-blocker or supervise your child's viewing.</p><h2>5. How can "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" benefit my child's learning?</h2><p>"YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" can be a valuable resource for children's learning. The videos are engaging and entertaining, making learning fun for children. They can also expose children to new topics and ideas, expand their knowledge and understanding, and foster their curiosity and critical thinking skills.</p>

1. What is "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids"?

"YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" is a curated collection of educational videos for children that are available on the popular video-sharing platform, YouTube. These videos cover a wide range of topics, from science and history to art and music, and are designed to engage and educate young viewers.

2. Who creates the videos featured in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids"?

The videos featured in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" are created by a variety of content creators, including educational channels, children's media companies, and individual educators. They are carefully selected based on their quality, accuracy, and appropriateness for young audiences.

3. Are the videos in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" safe for children?

Yes, the videos in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" are handpicked to ensure they are appropriate for young viewers. However, it is always recommended for parents to monitor their child's screen time and watch the videos with them to ensure they are suitable for their child's age and interests.

4. Can I access "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" for free?

Yes, "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" is completely free to access. The videos are available on YouTube, which is a free platform. However, some videos may have advertisements, so it is recommended to use an ad-blocker or supervise your child's viewing.

5. How can "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" benefit my child's learning?

"YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" can be a valuable resource for children's learning. The videos are engaging and entertaining, making learning fun for children. They can also expose children to new topics and ideas, expand their knowledge and understanding, and foster their curiosity and critical thinking skills.