Farewell to ahrkron, Welcome MIH to PF Staff

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: Overall, ahrkron is retiring from PF staff to focus on his studies and work. He has been a valuable member of the physics and maths department and members are encouraged to send him a PM with their thoughts and thanks. On the other hand, Math Is Hard (MIH) has joined the PF staff and will be a great asset in helping with various forums and PF in general. Congrats to MIH on becoming a moderator and best of luck to ahrkron in his future endeavors.
Please give a round of applause to ahrkron for his efforts here! ahrkron has decided to retire from PF staff to concentrate on his studies and work. He's been here a number of years and was important in the physics and maths dept. Please send him a PM with some of your thoughts and thanks! :smile:

Secondly please welcome Math Is Hard (MIH) to the PF staff! She will be a great asset helping us look after a number of forums we are currently understaffed in and PF in general. :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! Math Is Hard in green. Well done! That'll take some getting used to :biggrin:

Well done ahrkron for contributing to the wonderful PF. I wish you well in your future endeavours.

Thanks for your invaluable contributions, Ahrkron, and good luck with your studies.
Congrats, MIH. You'll be great in your new role.

I'll just echo the above-- thanks and good luck with your future work ahrkron. Congratulations on turning green, MIH!

Congrats MIH! Well deserved. Watch out for the frozen fish!

YAY MIH!

I'm sorry to see ahrkron go, good luck in all you do!

An applause for ahrkron, and congratulations to MIH! *

* It seems like the sisterhood has achieved absolute domination with this promotion.

Wow! Congrats, MIH!:approve:

Good luck, Ahrkron!:smile:

radou said:
An applause for ahrkron, and congratulations to MIH! *

* It seems like the sisterhood has achieved absolute domination with this promotion.

Yes, it's obviously a massive conspiracy, developed, masterminded, and implemented by S.I.S.T.E.R. - Secret Institute for Subjugation of The Eager Rest (of us)

daveb said:
Yes, it's obviously a massive conspiracy, developed, masterminded, and implemented by S.I.S.T.E.R. - Secret Institute for Subjugation of The Eager Rest (of us)

:eek: You're right, it's really obvious...Now I'm scared. You'll probably be banned from the forum for revealing this secret to the eyes of the public. And so will I, for starting the sisterhood issue.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Please give a round of applause to ahrkron for his efforts here! ahrkron has decided to retire from PF staff to concentrate on his studies and work. He's been here a number of years and was important in the physics and maths dept. Please send him a PM with some of your thoughts and thanks! :smile:
Thanks to ahrkron for the solid contributions, effort and hard work on behalf of PF.

Secondly please welcome Math Is Hard (MIH) to the PF staff! She will be a great asset helping us look after a number of forums we are currently understaffed in and PF in general. :approve:
:approve: Congratulations, MIH! :cool: Another PF sister in Green!

Just be careful where you point that wand. :uhh:

Astronuc said:
Just be careful where you point that wand. :uhh:

The sisters don't use wands. They use "lead, mercury, silver and some other rather unsavory items". Just found out yesterday.

radou said:
The sisters don't use wands. They use "lead, mercury, silver and some other rather unsavory items". Just found out yesterday.

Hey.. I'd stop revealing their secrets if I were you, especially now there's another one capable of putting a line through your name! :wink:

Thanks, everyone. It's a great honor to be joining PF staff. I am looking forward to learning the ropes and doing all that I can to be helpful around here. (Although, I understand that for now, my primary focus will be keeping the fish freezer stocked.:approve:)

Ahrkron will certainly be missed. Hope we will still be seeing him around the forums when his schedule permits.

MIH, you look pretty in this little green dress. :wink:

Congratulations MIH! I am sure you will make a great mentor. :)

Congrats MIH!

It's nice to see another Aqua Teen on the staff! (other than Greg,... not that Greg is bad or anything hehe...please don't ban me!:biggrin:)

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly, I echo everything said prevously...

I am pretty sad to know that Ahrkron has retired. Best wishes with your study, man. I know you'll do great. :)

And, oh, congratulations MIH. :smile:

YAY MIH!

As if you had too much free time before eh? Good luck girl!

Thanks for everything Ahrkron!

Side note:

Is there a way to see who all the current mods are and their respective forums without having to visit each forum?

Yes there is. If you are using the 'prime skin' (not 100% sure about nexus, I would have to load it), you will see a "Staff" button at the top there next to 'links' and 'upgrades'.

edit: I see that nexus doesn't have a staff button, use this if you are using nexus (or switch to prime, prime rules :tongue:):

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/mentorforums/

Some mentors are not there, but most are.

Last edited:
dontdisturbmycircles said:
Yes there is. If you are using the 'prime skin' (not 100% sure about nexus, I would have to load it), you will see a "Staff" button at the top there next to 'links' and 'upgrades'.

edit: I see that nexus doesn't have a staff button, use this if you are using nexus (or switch to prime, prime rules :tongue:):

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/mentorforums/

Some mentors are not there, but most are.

Thank you sir.
I should've known to look in prime. :rolleyes:

Cheers, everyone! Where've you been hiding, Gale? How is Whozum doing?

Hey MIH! I've just been keeping myself busy. Whozum is quite good as well. He had a great semester last semester... but don't get me started. I like to brag about him. How have YOU been?? busy as always eh?

awwwwww MIH! I'm so proud of you! {secret sisterhood handshake}.o:)

Gale said:
Hey MIH! I've just been keeping myself busy. Whozum is quite good as well. He had a great semester last semester... but don't get me started. I like to brag about him. How have YOU been?? busy as always eh?
Yep, I've been busy, busy, busy - but this is my last year of school. Eight classes to go! "Huzzah!" as Montgomery Burns would say. :biggrin:
hypatia said:
awwwwww MIH! I'm so proud of you! {secret sisterhood handshake}
Thanks, hypatia! *throws sisterhood gang sign*:wink:

Sorry for the belated congrats. I wasn't around when MIH got promoted (I was off having far too much fun in Chicago. :biggrin:) Congrats! Now, those bathrooms in the mentor's forum really need some scrubbing, and we're waiting on a fresh pot of coffee. :biggrin:

Ha ha...I just posted some of them. :biggrin: Your artistic attempts at photographing chocolate-dipped fruit on a plate didn't work out though...none are in focus. Oh well, it looks like most of the rest of the pictures I take. :tongue:

Moonbear said:
Sorry for the belated congrats. I wasn't around when MIH got promoted (I was off having far too much fun in Chicago. :biggrin:) Congrats! Now, those bathrooms in the mentor's forum really need some scrubbing, and we're waiting on a fresh pot of coffee. :biggrin:

Gosh! I had no idea how much work newbie mentors do. Let's see.. I washed and waxed chroot's bike, dusted Zapper's Disney figurines, sheared Moonbear's sheep, flea-dipped Evo's possums, archived Ivan's Area 51 photos, and washed blackboards for Tom Mattson and Halls of Ivy. Coffee will be ready soon -- decaf is in the pot with the orange handle. I'd better get to work on the bathrooms now.

Math Is Hard said:
Gosh! I had no idea how much work newbie mentors do. Let's see..., and washed blackboards for Tom Mattson and Halls of Ivy. ...

Tell me you didn't! You have no idea how long they have been working on that set of equation! :biggrin:

Personal experience. A prof in the Physics dept was getting moved out of his office, Since he was gone, I was tasked with packing his bookshelves. One of the boxes was left to close to the garbage can, the janitors assumed it was meant to go... 20yrs worth or research was irretrievably lost. Dr. Wasserman I am still sorry about that incident.

Edit:

Oh yeah, Welcome aboard MIH!

Last edited:
Integral said:
Personal experience. A prof in the Physics dept was getting moved out of his office, Since he was gone, I was tasked with packing his bookshelves. One of the boxes was left to close to the garbage can, the janitors assumed it was meant to go... 20yrs worth or research was irretrievably lost. Dr. Wasserman I am still sorry about that incident.

So that explains the dartboard in his office with your picture on it!

Ivan Seeking said:
So that explains the dartboard in his office with your picture on it!

I would not doubt it for a second, to say the least he was unhappy.

Edit:

Now I feel old, just went to the OSU Physics dept web page to see if Dr. W was still around. I only know 4 of the active profs. Went to the emeritus page, found everyone, including Dr.W that I worked with...only 25yrs ago.

Last edited:
Integral said:
I would not doubt it for a second, to say the least he was unhappy.

I once pulled a handful of hypodermic needles and syringes out of my jacket pocket in front of Dr. Fairchild... while in class. I forgot that they were in there, and I don't know if Fairchild ever did believe that they were for the goats. Boy, did I feel conspicuous. :yuck:

Btw MIH, those weren't area 51 pics, that was area 52. Now don't you feel silly? :tongue2:

<h2>1. What is "Farewell to ahrkron, Welcome MIH to PF Staff"?</h2><p>"Farewell to ahrkron, Welcome MIH to PF Staff" is a statement used to announce the departure of a team member named ahrkron and the arrival of a new team member named MIH to the staff of a company or organization called PF.</p><h2>2. Who is ahrkron and why are they leaving?</h2><p>ahrkron is a team member of the company or organization called PF. They are leaving for personal reasons, such as pursuing new opportunities or relocating to a different location.</p><h2>3. Who is MIH and what will be their role in the PF staff?</h2><p>MIH is the new team member who will be joining the staff of PF. Their role may vary depending on the company or organization, but they will most likely be filling the position or responsibilities previously held by ahrkron.</p><h2>4. How will the departure of ahrkron and the arrival of MIH affect the PF staff?</h2><p>The departure of ahrkron and the arrival of MIH may bring some changes to the PF staff, as MIH may have a different set of skills, experiences, and perspectives compared to ahrkron. However, the company or organization will ensure a smooth transition and work towards maintaining a positive and productive work environment for all team members.</p><h2>5. Can we expect any changes in the company or organization with the arrival of MIH?</h2><p>It is possible that there may be some changes in the company or organization with the arrival of MIH, as they may bring new ideas and strategies to the table. However, the core values and goals of the company or organization will remain the same, and any changes will be made with the best interest of the company in mind.</p>

1. What is "Farewell to ahrkron, Welcome MIH to PF Staff"?

"Farewell to ahrkron, Welcome MIH to PF Staff" is a statement used to announce the departure of a team member named ahrkron and the arrival of a new team member named MIH to the staff of a company or organization called PF.

2. Who is ahrkron and why are they leaving?

ahrkron is a team member of the company or organization called PF. They are leaving for personal reasons, such as pursuing new opportunities or relocating to a different location.

3. Who is MIH and what will be their role in the PF staff?

MIH is the new team member who will be joining the staff of PF. Their role may vary depending on the company or organization, but they will most likely be filling the position or responsibilities previously held by ahrkron.

4. How will the departure of ahrkron and the arrival of MIH affect the PF staff?

The departure of ahrkron and the arrival of MIH may bring some changes to the PF staff, as MIH may have a different set of skills, experiences, and perspectives compared to ahrkron. However, the company or organization will ensure a smooth transition and work towards maintaining a positive and productive work environment for all team members.

5. Can we expect any changes in the company or organization with the arrival of MIH?

It is possible that there may be some changes in the company or organization with the arrival of MIH, as they may bring new ideas and strategies to the table. However, the core values and goals of the company or organization will remain the same, and any changes will be made with the best interest of the company in mind.