Could a Tesla Coil be Used to Efficiently Produce Hydrogen through Electrolysis?

In summary, a person is interested in studying the work of Stan Meyer to create a water fuel cell that uses electric current to break apart the H2O bonds. They propose using a transformer or tesla coil to create a pattern of increasing wave strength that would gradually pull the Hydrogen bonds apart. They also question whether this method could be more efficient in electrolysis of water or other solutions. The conversation then goes off on a tangent about the relationship between physics and water, and concludes with a discussion on the feasibility of using water as a fuel source.
jonthonson
I have been intensly studying the work of stan meyers as of recent to attempt a contraption that will charge distilled water with no electrolyte with amped up current to break apart the H2O bonds without force but to allow them to collapse by distorting the angle at which the bonds are formed.

My theory is using a type of transformer or tesla coil that a certain pattern of increasing wave strength can be formed which pulses very rapidly. The gradual increase in electric wave size would slowly pull the Hydrogen bonds apart to breaking point then cycle back to a low frequency allowing the H2O to basically collapse on its own.

My question is can electric current fed through a transformer coil with patterns much like the desired wave create just this as a result?

If the coils replicate a pattern by varying in size in increasing (patterned) margins can a pattern be created and harvested for more efficiency in electrolysis of water or other solutions?

Example below.

Attachments

• wave.JPG
    wave.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 503
Physics news on Phys.org
Everything has a natural vibrational frequency, could it be possible to use high power sound waves matched to the natural resonating frequency of H2O to help destabilize it?

what has this to do with nuclear and particle physics jonthonson?

malawi_glenn said:
what has this to do with nuclear and particle physics jonthonson?

One could ask what it has to do with physics, period. Meyer was claiming that he had a car that ran on water - the claim was that H2O could be dissociated for less energy than one could gain by reburning it. He was sued by his investors, found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to pay back the money.

What doesn't have to do with high energy, nuclear, or particle physics?

He is talking about "electrolyte " "H20 bonds", and ultimately:

"My question is can electric current fed through a transformer coil with patterns much like the desired wave create just this as a result?"

That has nothing to do with subatomic physics, since it is not related to neither high energy, nor nuclei nor particle physics.

Now that was not so hard to understand?

I was just being a smart ass kind of because of coarse hydrogen and oxygen are composed of particles and contain nuclei. I know that the thread was misplaced, but just funny that all things at their fundamental levels have something to do with high energy,r nuclei or particle physics right? Maybe not, but at least water and electric currents.

so then I can ask a question about my mothers cat, since everything is just composed by nuclei and particles?

Your right, I was just joking, good point though.

For the record though, your mothers cat does have something to do with particle physics.

Back to Nikola Tesla and Stan Meyer...

I am interested in making the water fuel cell regardless of whether it was fraud or not.

Who knows how to help?

It just doesn't make much sense because converting water into H and O is less than 100% efficient. Even if you figured out a way to double that to 200%, then you would still need a back seat full of batteries at least. If anyone tries to tell you that you can run your car on water using your single or even double 12 volt batteries, don't give them any money.

Desktop fusion might be a better thing to talk about here. Or cold emission.

Last edited:
Desktop fusion will not happen in your lifetime and with Gasoline being far less cost efficient to produce then Hydrogen. Why does it matter if its not less then 100% efficient.

BTW H2O isn't the only method of getting hydrogen. Ever heard of Ammonia?

1. Who was Nikola Tesla and what was his contribution to science?

Nikola Tesla was a Serbian-American inventor, electrical engineer, and physicist. He is most known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electricity supply system. He also made significant contributions to the development of wireless communication and the Tesla coil.

2. What is the connection between Nikola Tesla and Stan Meyers?

There is no direct connection between Nikola Tesla and Stan Meyers. They both have made contributions to science and technology, but their fields of study and inventions are different. Tesla focused on electricity and electromagnetism, while Meyers was known for his work on water fuel cells.

3. What is the "Water Fuel Cell" and how did Stan Meyers contribute to its development?

The Water Fuel Cell is a device that can create hydrogen fuel by splitting water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen. This technology has the potential to provide a clean and renewable source of energy. Stan Meyers developed a water fuel cell in the 1980s and claimed that it could power a car with only water as its fuel source. However, his claims have not been scientifically proven and the technology has not been widely adopted.

4. Did Nikola Tesla and Stan Meyers ever collaborate or work together?

No, there is no evidence that Nikola Tesla and Stan Meyers ever collaborated or worked together. They were both pioneers in their respective fields and their work was conducted at different times, with Tesla living in the late 19th and early 20th century and Meyers in the late 20th century.

5. What is the legacy of Nikola Tesla and Stan Meyers in the scientific community?

Nikola Tesla and Stan Meyers have both made significant contributions and advancements in science and technology. Tesla's work in electricity and electromagnetism has had a lasting impact on modern society, while Meyers' research on water fuel cells has spurred further exploration into alternative energy sources. Both scientists continue to be revered and studied for their innovative ideas and inventions.