Requesting a New IP Address

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
In summary: You can't - the TCP packet will only have the IP address of the last machine it passed through, in this case your mail server. The mail header may list the sending mail server and any intermediate ones but ultimately only the senders ISP have their IP address. Remember it is very easy to fake a sender's email.So there is no way that i can see who is it but no mather if i can see the server i can talk to it a see who has that IP but i need to know how to see if i have the mail of a person.
TheStatutoryApe
I was attempting to acquire a new IP for my computer and ran into a little snag.

I opened the DOS promp and used...

ipconfig /flushdns

Which worked fine but then when I entered..

ipconfig /release

or

ipconfig /renew

I get the message...

no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media disconnected

Does anyone know what this is? I've looked for solutions but all of the persons who had issues with this were unable to connect to their wireless router so the solutions were aimed at that issue. I'm able to connect to the router just fine.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Nope. I'm not all that computer literate, just enough to get by.
Would I have to be connected directly to the router or could I do that through my browser while connected wirelessly?

Linksys WRT54G

Alright, this is quite a common issue with frequently XP/Vista system, basically what occur were that the OS decided to hitch the NIC and will not detect it, so you can reboot it and however this will only reset your private IP address and not the public IP address.

Public IP Address are determined and assigned to you by your ISP
Private IP Address is determined by your DHCP/Static IP Server (most commonly, the router)

Hope I was of some help.

Open your routers cofiguration (usually done be typing it's IP address into your browser URL bar, find the IP address in your routers instruction manual)

Make sure your router is also acting as a DHCP server. (should be a checkbox somewhere), if it is. all you need to do is type ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew in you command prompt.

If it is still not working, unplug your router for 30 seconds, reboot your computer, then turn everything back on and try it again.

If your having trouble connecting to the Internet, I would contact your ISP, sometimes your ISP will give you specific instructions on how to connect (sometimes means typing in some information into the PPPoE section on your routers configuration).

HI I would like to know how to check other´s IP for example from a mail of a person its bottering me

How i can do that

Last edited:
You can't - the TCP packet will only have the IP address of the last machine it passed through, in this case your mail server.
The mail header may list the sending mail server and any intermediate ones but ultimately only the senders ISP have their IP address. Remember it is very easy to fake a sender's email.

Last edited:
So there is no way that i can see who is it but no mather if i can see the server i can talk to it a see who has that IP but i need to know how to see if i have the mail of a person

Thank...:mad:

copiky said:
HI I would like to know how to check other´s IP for example from a mail of a person its bottering me

How i can do that

What is the purpose of requesting a new IP address?

Requesting a new IP address is a way to change your device's unique identifier on a network. This can be useful for various reasons, such as troubleshooting network issues, improving internet speed, or accessing region-specific content.

How do I request a new IP address?

The process of requesting a new IP address varies depending on your device and network setup. In most cases, you can simply restart your device or router to obtain a new IP address. Alternatively, you can contact your internet service provider and request a new IP address from them.

Why would I need to request a new IP address?

There are several reasons why you may need to request a new IP address. One common reason is if you are experiencing network connectivity issues or are unable to access certain websites. Additionally, if you suspect that your IP address has been compromised or blocked, requesting a new one can help resolve the issue.

Is requesting a new IP address legal?

Yes, requesting a new IP address is completely legal. It is a common practice used by individuals and businesses to troubleshoot network issues or access restricted content. However, it is important to note that using a new IP address to engage in illegal activities is not permitted.

Will requesting a new IP address affect my internet speed?

In most cases, requesting a new IP address will not have a significant impact on your internet speed. However, if you are experiencing slow internet speeds, obtaining a new IP address may help improve it. This is because a new IP address may connect you to a different server, which could potentially have better performance.