Vote- PF photo contest - Autumn/fall

In summary: I started to get a little worried, but she just kept eating. I finally left around 9:00pm because I didn't want to spook her or startle her. I went home, got my camera, and took this picture. It was a very special moment.

Vote for the best picture!

• Turbo-1

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Edward

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Hypatia

• Mororvia

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Waht

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Proton Soup

• Andre

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Matthyaouw

• Marzena

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Borek

• ZapperZ

• Larkspur

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Fuzzyfelt

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Redbelly98

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
A good selection of entries this week. Vote for your favorite!

1. Turbo-1
fall650.jpg

2. Edward
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6268/1000819jpgmoon2jc2.jpg

3. Hypatia
deer.jpg

4. Mororvia
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6619/res01290eo3.jpg

5. Waht
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8350/1226306201fall1yv7.jpg

6. Proton Soup
100_0362-sized.jpg

7. Andre
danube.JPG

8. Matthyaouw
autumn.jpg

9. Marzena
grzyb.jpg

10. Borek
autumn_leaves.jpg

11. ZapperZ
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6848/img2774fc2.jpg

12. Larkspur
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7820/autumfalljr7.jpg

13. Fuzzyfelt
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6554/dscn1921go8.jpg

14. Redbelly98
JapMaple_Fall2008_7217.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Had to go with the fungi!

Hmmm, Marzena still has 0.

Couldn't even vote myself on this one. Congrats to Larkspur for stealing my own vote away again :P

Wow talk about good selection, this is a LOT of entries.

Wait a minute, what happened? I swear I had a singular vote.

Mororvia said:
Wait a minute, what happened? I swear I had a singular vote.
Someone had accidently hit your name, and the vote was corrected. You do have a nice picture. :smile:

Andre. :smile:

Evo said:
Someone had accidently hit your name, and the vote was corrected. You do have a nice picture. :smile:

Hey that is not fair. Accidental votes are about all I get. :biggrin:

Evo said:

That would be me.:redface: I'm sorry!:cry:

This was really tough. I went with Andre. Fall colors in the mountains are my favorites.

Hehe alright. On the brightside, I wasn't imagining things!

Proton Soups is so beautiful and soothing. But marzena's was so unique I had to go with her picture.

They're all gorgeous and Marzena and hypatia had terrific different interpretations of the topic. But Proton Soup's looks like Faerie Country. It has an ethereal quality that's remarkable.

Edit: Borek's wall of colour is especially impressive too.

Last edited:
Darn Now I am feeling guilty because I voted for myself. What a wonderful group of pictures.

couldn't pick one easily coz they're so beautiful. :!)but i fell so inlove w/ fuzzyfelt.

I voted for Larkspur because I particularly like the way the picture captures an atmosphere of autumn. I'm interpreting the competition in that way, as "best Autumn/Fall picture", rather than "best picture (with some connection to Autumn/fall in order to qualify)". The latter would have been much more difficult to judge, as I like all of them.

Last edited:
Hypatia said:
Deer mating season, the pretty little lady deer came by about 5 minutes before he did.[/b]

No, I'm not going to say it. Nope, not this time. That's a no-no. However, this picture had the best story to tell, so I voted Hypatia's deer games.

There were too many great ones to pick from. I finally just threw a dart at my monitor!

Voting closes saturday and there's still a tie for first. get your votes in people!

this was a tough one, really! i went with fuzzyfelt. the colors were so compelling. but, great work to everyone.

I voted for Hypatia. I just had a big bowl of hot chicken soup to warm up after deer hunting. I stayed later than I had planned (freezing my butt off) because a fat doe came into the area I was watching. She stepped out of the woods and stared right at me - she could smell me, but she couldn't see me because I was stock-still. Eventually she moved under an old apple-tree and stared munching on drops. She'd look up every once in a while, but was not alarmed. I was waiting for a suitor to follow her out into the field. No luck.

1. What is the purpose of the "Vote- PF photo contest - Autumn/fall"?

The purpose of the "Vote- PF photo contest - Autumn/fall" is to celebrate the autumn/fall season by showcasing and promoting the beauty of nature through photography.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to all individuals who have a passion for photography and are interested in capturing the essence of autumn/fall through their photos.

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you will need to follow the instructions on the contest page. This typically involves uploading your photo to a designated platform or emailing it to the contest organizer.

4. Are there any restrictions on the type of photos that can be submitted?

Yes, there are certain restrictions on the type of photos that can be submitted. The photo must be original and taken by the participant, and it should not contain any explicit or offensive content.

5. How are the winners determined?

The winners are determined through a voting process where the public can vote for their favorite photos. The photo with the most votes will be declared the winner. In some cases, a panel of judges may also be involved in the selection process.