Solving Linear Math Inverse Homework: A=4e^4txsin(4t)

In summary, the conversation is about finding the inverse of a 2x2 matrix A, with elements involving exponential and trigonometric functions. The solution involves using the determinant equation and simplifying the resulting expression, which can be done by applying the identity sin^2(t) + cos^2(t) = 1.
~Sam~

Homework Statement

pt)
If A=
4e^4t x sin(4t) 4e^2t x cos(4t)
-3e^4t x cos(4t) 3e^2t x sin(4t)

Then A inverse is?

x= times
^=power

sorry for bad format

Homework Equations

Since it's 2x2 I know you can use the determinant equation 1/(ad-bc) ..etc

The Attempt at a Solution

Because of the weird variables I'm not sure how to simplify the multiplication when doing the determination equation.

Physics news on Phys.org
I assume you've have managed to get an answer that is correct, and are just looking for help simplifying?

Care to show us what you got? (Or, maybe just the expression you got for the determinant?)

Hurkyl said:
I assume you've have managed to get an answer that is correct, and are just looking for help simplifying?

Care to show us what you got? (Or, maybe just the expression you got for the determinant?)

well the answer i got was long..i just subbed the variables in the equation.

?? You "subbed the variables" into what equation?

use [tex] sin^2(t) +cos^2(t) = 1[/tex]

1. What is the purpose of solving linear math inverse homework?

The purpose of solving linear math inverse homework is to find the inverse of a given linear equation. This involves finding the value of the variable that will make the equation true.

2. How do I approach solving linear math inverse problems?

To solve linear math inverse problems, you will first need to identify the given equation and the variable that needs to be solved for. Then, you can use algebraic methods such as substitution or elimination to isolate and solve for the variable.

3. What is the role of the given function in solving linear math inverse homework?

The given function, in this case A=4e^4txsin(4t), represents the relationship between two variables, t and A. It is used to create an equation that can be manipulated to find the inverse of the given linear equation.

4. Are there any special rules or formulas for solving linear math inverse problems?

Yes, there are specific rules and formulas for solving linear math inverse problems. For example, when dealing with exponential or logarithmic functions, you can use the power rule or logarithm properties to simplify the equation before solving for the variable.

5. Can I use a calculator to solve linear math inverse problems?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve linear math inverse problems. However, it is important to understand the steps and concepts behind the solution to ensure accuracy and understanding of the problem.