How can The Illuminati Effect revolutionize alternative energy?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of creating alternative energy through the use of magnetic disks and coils. The idea is to have two sets of magnets rotating on an axle, causing repulsion and creating electric current. The possibility of using this method to generate limitless energy is mentioned, with one person calling it "The Illuminati Effect." There is also a humorous exchange about a typo in the word "electric."
PRBot.Com
The alternative energy forum

With my limited knowledge of magnetism and electricity/electronics I envision creating 2 sets of magnetic disks rotating on a axle made of glass of other material with little friction.

The bottom magnets arranged with one pole facing the center of the disk on a slightly up-angle and the top disc vice versa. This would cause the two sets of magnets to repel each other and because they would continually rotate coils placed next to the magnets would have eclectric current flowing through it.

To ensure the magnetic fields would not negate each other another magnet can be placed (or two) on top of the disks which would be repelled upwards by the more powerful magnets of the disks. This would cause enough variation in the magnetic fields as to have a constant imbalance thus guarantee the continuous motion of the disks. Gravity will keep pulling to top magnet down and the disks would push it up and each other away from themselves thus continuous motion takes place thus free clean limitless energy.

I shall call this The Illuminati Effect

Maximus Illuminati

My Alternative Energy Blog can be found here

Physics news on Phys.org
Why didn't I think of that?
Hey! Someone call up the Nobel Committee. I'm going to go tell the Electric Company to stick this bill up their outlet.
This is the moment they always talk about in Star Trek, no more poverty, no more fighting over oil. Let's dance and sing and leave all the lights on.
This is what Physics Forums is all about. Making the world a better place for our fellow man.

a limitless supply of eclectric energy. HOOOray. oh, wait a minute. eclectric? what the hell am I supposed to do with all this extra eclectric energy? Hey, can someone out there invent a light bulb that runs on eclectric energy? Please! Before the Electric company gets my letter. Someone could have pointed this out to me before I made a jerk of myself. Someone could have pointed out that in this case eclectric means "imbues an object with the amazing ability to have mass, and inertia and gravity."

Ooops. Sorry about that. I am very dislexic :D It should read "ELECRIC" :D

Much better! Put in that call to the Nobel Committee again. It's ELECRIC, not Eclectic. Hope they haven't sanded your name off the trophy already.

Sorry, we don't allow TD posts.

What is alternative energy?

Alternative energy refers to any type of energy that is produced from sources other than fossil fuels, such as oil, coal, and natural gas. These sources of energy are often renewable and have a lower environmental impact compared to traditional energy sources.

What are the different types of alternative energy?

There are several types of alternative energy, including solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, and biomass. Solar energy is produced by harnessing the sun's rays, while wind energy is generated by wind turbines. Hydro energy is created by using the power of moving water, geothermal energy comes from the Earth's heat, and biomass energy is produced from plant and animal matter.

Why is alternative energy important?

Alternative energy is important because it helps reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, which contribute to climate change and air pollution. Alternative energy sources are also renewable, meaning they can be replenished and will not run out like fossil fuels. Additionally, alternative energy can help create new jobs and stimulate economic growth in the renewable energy sector.

What are the benefits of using alternative energy?

There are many benefits to using alternative energy sources. They are often cleaner and produce fewer emissions than fossil fuels, which helps improve air quality and combat climate change. Alternative energy sources are also more sustainable and have a lower impact on the environment. They can also help reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources and provide energy security for countries.

What are the challenges of implementing alternative energy?

One of the main challenges of implementing alternative energy is the initial cost of infrastructure and technology. It can be expensive to set up renewable energy systems, although the long-term savings and benefits often outweigh the initial investment. Another challenge is the variability of some renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar, which may not always be available. This requires the development of storage solutions and backup systems to ensure a steady supply of energy.