Highest Sustained Temperature Mankind Can Produce?

• Thread starter Zelnick
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Temperature
In summary, the highest sustained temperature that mankind can produce is approximately 10^{8}K, which is the same temperature as the core of the Sun. This is achieved through experimental fusion reactors, such as the one located in the UK, where a fusion reaction is contained within a metal torus using a magnetic field. This information can be found under "Science And Technology" then "Amazing Science" and "Highest Man-Made Temperature".
Zelnick
What is the highest sustained temperature mankind can produce and how is it done? I've searched Google and Wikipedia already and I came here hoping to find the answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
I still think thermonuclear devices (like bombs) produce the highest temperature.Round 10^{8}K.The same temperature as in the core of the Sun.

Daniel.

Sustain as in, keep the hot object in a container ?
Then i think it would be the experimental fusion reactor which is in UK i think. A long time has passed since i ve read about this and i can faintly remember now but if memory serves correctly, the kept a fusion reaction inside a metal torus shaped container by the help of a magnetic field. The plasma kept going in circles inside the torus.

Thanks for the help but I've found my answer here under "Science And Technology" then "Amazing Science" and finally, "Highest Man-Made Temperature".

Haaaa that's old. :tongue:

What is the highest sustained temperature that mankind can produce?

The highest sustained temperature that mankind can produce is currently around 4 trillion degrees Celsius, achieved at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.

How is such a high temperature achieved?

Such high temperatures are achieved through nuclear fusion, in which atoms are smashed together with high amounts of energy to form new, heavier elements. This process is also what powers the sun and other stars.

What is the purpose of reaching such high temperatures?

The purpose of reaching such high temperatures is to better understand the fundamental particles and forces that make up our universe. It also has potential applications in energy production and space travel.

Are there any risks associated with creating such high temperatures?

Yes, there are risks involved with creating such high temperatures, as it requires large amounts of energy and can potentially release dangerous radiation. Safety precautions and regulations are in place at facilities such as the Large Hadron Collider to mitigate these risks.

What is the current record for the highest sustained temperature achieved by mankind?

The current record for the highest sustained temperature achieved by mankind is 4 trillion degrees Celsius, as mentioned before. However, scientists are constantly pushing the boundaries and working towards even higher temperatures in their research.