Unsanitary Practices in Medical Dramas

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Gross.In summary, the doctor in a T.V. show ate a homeless persons vomit to find out who she was. He got the wrong diagnosis and it was gross.
tribdog
Okay I just finished watching American Idol. I didn't change the channel afterwards and some Dr. Detective show came on. Here's the basic premise so far. A homeless lady is having seizures and admitted to the hospital. the daddy detective doctor calls all the baby detective doctors into the room with the big table. He says, "We need to find out who this lady is." then he dumps her belongings onto the big table. All the baby doctor detectives plug their noses. DDD says, "Vomit, still moist." as he's sniffing her clothes. Then he sticks his finger in the vomit and sticks his finger in his mouth. "Salty" he says.

What the hell kind of Doctor eats homeless vomit? Should this be moved to the biology forum?

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
What the hell kind of Doctor eats homeless vomit? Should this be moved to the biology forum?

Please don't. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Easy answer- One in a T.V. show.

That show is called House and can be an enjoyable watch.

the guy ate a homeless persons vomit in order to make a diagnosis, then he gets the diagnosis wrong. I'm not sure if eating a rabies infected patient's vomit puts you at risk of getting rabies, but I'll bet it does. He didn't give himself the vaccine at the end of the show. Maybe it can be a good show, but I got to give it a thumbs down for that episode.

tribdog said:
the guy ate a homeless persons vomit in order to make a diagnosis, then he gets the diagnosis wrong. I'm not sure if eating a rabies infected patient's vomit puts you at risk of getting rabies, but I'll bet it does. He didn't give himself the vaccine at the end of the show. Maybe it can be a good show, but I got to give it a thumbs down for that episode.
It was more like a quick lick. Besides, what do you know about rabies? Oh, that's right. Nevermind.

Are you sure it wasn't Fear Factor you were watching or something like that? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Sounds like a pretty lame show. Did they drink the urine to test for diabetes too?

1. Can anyone audition for "American Idol"?

Yes, anyone who meets the age requirements (between 15-28 years old) and is a legal resident of the United States can audition for "American Idol".

2. How do I audition for "American Idol"?

You can audition for "American Idol" by attending an open call audition or by submitting an online audition video. Information about upcoming auditions can be found on the official "American Idol" website.

3. What are the age requirements for "American Idol"?

The age requirements for "American Idol" are between 15-28 years old. Contestants must be at least 15 years old by the time of their audition and no older than 28 years old on the day of the finale.

4. How many rounds of auditions are there in "American Idol"?

There are typically three rounds of auditions in "American Idol": the open call audition, the celebrity judges' audition, and the live performance round.

5. What happens after I make it through the auditions?

If you make it through the auditions, you will move on to the next round of the competition, which includes mentorship, themed performances, and elimination rounds. The ultimate goal is to be crowned the next American Idol and receive a recording contract.