Remembering the Legendary Actor Eli Wallach

• News
  • Thread starter nsaspook
  • Start date
In summary, Eli Wallach, a well-known and respected actor, has passed away at the age of 98. While he may not be recognizable to younger audiences, he had a successful career and was known for his memorable roles in movies such as The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and How the West was Won. He was also praised for his portrayal in the Wall Street sequel, despite his advanced age.
Physics news on Phys.org
I suppose his name is not that recognizable by many, since he did never really get to be a major top draw at the box office, although in my opinion several movies could have ended up in a different light if he had not been cast. ( ie is he the guy with the one arm or the guy in the tub?? Oh, him! )

256bits said:
I suppose his name is not that recognizable by many, since he did never really get to be a major top draw at the box office, although in my opinion several movies could have ended up in a different light if he had not been cast. ( ie is he the guy with the one arm or the guy in the tub?? Oh, him! )

He's the one who let the gun do the talking. He was in so many movies in great parts that it's hard to decide what's best.
http://www.nytimes.com/video/movies/1248069280825/at-home-with-eli-wallach.html

256bits said:
I suppose his name is not that recognizable by many ...

I'd say that depends on your age. Younger folks might not recognize him but he's very familiar to us older movie-goers.

I never heard of him, but RIP.

One of my favorites. He definitely was the star in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly and really took that movie to a higher level. Even in his minor role in How the West was Won, he was the best actor/character in that film. I was surprised to see him in the Wall Street sequel. Man he was old, but it suited his character.

1. Who was Eli Wallach?

Eli Wallach was an American actor who was known for his roles in film, television, and theater. He had a career spanning over six decades and appeared in over 90 films, including "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and "The Magnificent Seven".

2. How did Eli Wallach die?

Eli Wallach passed away on June 24, 2014 at the age of 98 from natural causes. He died in his home in New York City surrounded by his family.

3. What were some of Eli Wallach's most memorable roles?

Eli Wallach had a versatile career and portrayed a wide range of characters, but some of his most memorable roles include Tuco in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", Calvera in "The Magnificent Seven", and Don Altobello in "The Godfather: Part III".

4. Did Eli Wallach receive any awards or recognition for his work?

Yes, Eli Wallach received numerous awards and nominations throughout his career. He won a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play for his role in "The Rose Tattoo" in 1951 and was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Baby Doll" in 1956.

5. How will Eli Wallach be remembered in the entertainment industry?

Eli Wallach will be remembered as a talented and versatile actor who had a long and successful career in film, television, and theater. He was known for his ability to bring depth and complexity to his characters and was highly respected by his peers in the industry.