Hadron Wavefunctions: Table of Quark Content

In summary, a Hadron Wavefunction is a mathematical function that describes the quantum state of a hadron, which is a subatomic particle composed of quarks and gluons. The Table of Quark Content is a chart that shows the types and numbers of quarks that make up different types of hadrons, and it is important for understanding the structure of matter and predicting the properties of hadrons. There are six known types of quarks - up, down, charm, strange, top, and bottom - that combine to form different types of hadrons. The Table of Quark Content is determined through experiments that involve colliding particles and analyzing the resulting data.
metroplex021
Hi Folks -- can anyone direct me to a table online which lists the wavefunctions for the hadrons in terms of their constituent quarks? (I'd like to look at how the wavefunctions can differ even for particles with the same quark content.) Thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you should read Griffith's particle physics book.

I don't have library access at the moment. I studied PP about 10 years ago and just want to look at some wavefunctions to make a point about composition.

thank you -- that'll do nicely. much obliged.

What is a Hadron Wavefunction?

A Hadron Wavefunction is a mathematical function that describes the quantum state of a hadron, which is a subatomic particle composed of quarks and gluons.

What is the Table of Quark Content?

The Table of Quark Content is a chart that shows the types and numbers of quarks that make up different types of hadrons, such as protons and neutrons. It also includes their corresponding anti-quarks.

Why is the Table of Quark Content important?

The Table of Quark Content is important because it provides a fundamental understanding of the structure of matter. It also helps in predicting the properties of hadrons and studying their interactions.

What are the different types of quarks?

The six known types of quarks are up, down, charm, strange, top, and bottom. These quarks have different masses and charges, and combine to form different types of hadrons.

How is the Table of Quark Content determined?

The Table of Quark Content is determined through experiments that involve colliding particles and studying the resulting particles produced. The data from these experiments are then analyzed to determine the types and numbers of quarks present in the hadrons.