Did I Just Become a Published Illustrator?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, Dave has recently illustrated an educational book titled "Alien Worlds" using stock astronomy images, PhotoShop, and Truespace 3. His work has received congratulations and praise from his peers, including questions about book signings and the book's title. Dave's accomplishment is admired and he is expected to send chocolate tributes to the sisterhood with his first royalty check.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I illustrated an educational book and it's hit the bookshelves!

LJ071001alienworlds.jpg

I illo'd the cover and several of the interior planetscapes using stock astronomy pics, PhotoShop and Truespace 3 (for the spaceship).

Yay me!

Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats, Dave! That's wonderful!

Awesome!1111

Way to go!

Fantastic work Dave!

Way cool, keep it up! BTW, what's "illo'd"?

Illustrated.

Dave is an Art-i-st.

Its beautiful! Way to go!

cool congratulations!

Will there be any book signing sessions in my area any time soon? I want a copy!

Very nice. Congratulations!

Congrats!11:approve:

PS: I'm looking forward to reading you!(sorry I'm not a native speaker and the title sounds a bit strange to me:blushing:)

Last edited:
Congrats! It must feel really cool!

Way to go Dave!

Nice job, congrats!

Congratulations!

What is the name of the Book?

Nice job,

Can you give us a discount?

sas3 said:
What is the name of the Book?

Couldn't read the cover in big letters in the opening post? Alien Worlds. :biggrin:

Congrats Dave! When you get your first royalty checks, the sisterhood expects that the appropriate chocolate tributes will be sent. :approve:

Good job man. Way to go!

I couldn't see the picture at work, but at home I can.

Nice work!

Nice work Dave!

Congratulations, Dave!

Most excellent Dave!

1. What is the process of becoming a published illustrator?

The process of becoming a published illustrator can vary, but generally it involves creating a portfolio of your work, finding an agent or publisher, and submitting your work for consideration.

2. How do I know if I am ready to become a published illustrator?

Being ready to become a published illustrator means having a strong portfolio of your work that showcases your skills and style, as well as being familiar with the industry and its standards.

3. Do I need to have a degree in art to become a published illustrator?

No, a degree in art is not necessary to become a published illustrator. What is important is having a strong portfolio and the ability to create high-quality illustrations.

4. What are some tips for getting my work noticed by publishers?

Some tips for getting your work noticed by publishers include networking and making connections in the industry, attending conferences and events, and using social media to showcase your work.

5. How long does it typically take to become a published illustrator?

The time it takes to become a published illustrator can vary greatly, as it depends on factors such as the quality of your work, the demand for your style, and luck. It can take months or even years to get your first published illustration, but with persistence and hard work, it is achievable.