Ace AP Exams with Cheating: My Cousin's Story

In summary: They do have a section on the physics C exam where calculators are not allowed. It's for the freeresponse questions. And I don't understand the point of hiding which calculator you're using -- I'm pretty sure the TI-89 is allowed for the AP's and SAT's.
plutoisacomet
Why are (CAS) calculators allowed during the AP exams
My cousin aced the Calc and physics AP's because he put a Ti-89 in a Ti-84 body. enough said. He got a five on both exams.

This is more proof that cheaters and cons are the one's who get ahead in this world. LOL

Physics news on Phys.org
There's non-calculator sections on those exams. You're only allowed to use a calculator on the free-response section of the physics exam, for example. And there's a calc and non-calc section for both multiple choice and FRQ for the calc exam (I think). I'm also pretty sure having a CAS won't give you a huge advantage over others, since they do design the calculator portions of those exams with that in mind.

And I don't understand the point of hiding which calculator you're using -- I'm pretty sure the TI-89 is allowed for the AP's and SAT's.

I'm guessing he's hiding it so he can use the calculator in school exams, where they may not allow CAS calculators.

btw. This probably shouldn't be in the calculus section.

Last edited:
They are allowed because as it's been stated above there are portions of both the Physics C exams and Calculus where no calculator is allowed. Also, especially on the Physics Mech, the extended response questions all involve answers in terms of certain variables so honestly CAS calculators overall don't give you much of an advantage on either test. They're mainly just useful for checking over answers if you have then time, which doesn't really happen that often.

Wow, I say let em use a slide rule.

1. What is the premise of "Ace AP Exams with Cheating: My Cousin's Story"?

The book tells the story of a student who used cheating as a way to pass their AP exams and explores the consequences of their actions.

2. Is the book based on a true story?

Yes, the book is based on a true story of the author's cousin who cheated on their AP exams.

3. What lessons can be learned from the book?

The book highlights the importance of academic integrity and the consequences of cheating. It also explores the pressures and expectations placed on students to excel in exams.

4. Does the book condone cheating?

No, the book does not condone cheating. It serves as a cautionary tale and raises awareness about the negative impacts of cheating on both the individual and society.

5. Who would benefit from reading this book?

This book would benefit students, parents, and educators as it provides insight into the issue of cheating and promotes a discussion on academic honesty and integrity.