Best Cooking Show - America's Test Kitchen

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cooking
In summary, the conversation discusses different TV cooking shows and preferences for recipes. One person mentions enjoying America's Test Kitchen for their scientific approach and focus on comfort foods, while another prefers Iron Chef for its excitement. The conversation ends with someone thanking for a link to America's Test Kitchen.
tribdog
Okay, everyone can go ahead and disagree with me, but I like http://www.americastestkitchen.com/" I like the idea of being scientific and trying everything they can think of then picking the best recipe. They always do recipes of the kind of food I like best. Big thick pork chops, comfort foods etc. Sure I like watching the shows where they do fancy/expensive foods too, but if I'm going to actually make something for dinner and serve it to people I'm probably going to do some big thick and meaty. Anyone going to disagree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have never watched America's Test Kitchen,

but iron chef is the best for me, Allez Cuisine!

Thanks so much for the link, tribdog. It looks like a down-to-earth approach to cooking that emphasizes natural ingredients (the only way I cook) and simple techniques. I'll give 'em a whirl.

1. What makes "America's Test Kitchen" the best cooking show?

"America's Test Kitchen" is widely considered the best cooking show because of its rigorous testing and scientific approach to cooking. The show's hosts and chefs conduct extensive experiments and research to find the best methods and techniques for cooking various dishes.

2. How is "America's Test Kitchen" different from other cooking shows?

Unlike other cooking shows that focus on entertainment and celebrity chefs, "America's Test Kitchen" is known for its unbiased and objective approach to cooking. The show is based on the principles of the scientific method and relies on extensive testing and experimentation to determine the best recipes and techniques.

3. What types of recipes are featured on "America's Test Kitchen"?

"America's Test Kitchen" features a wide range of recipes, from classic dishes to modern and innovative creations. The show also covers a variety of cuisines, including American, European, Asian, and more. Additionally, the show often features recipes for specific dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-calorie options.

4. How does "America's Test Kitchen" ensure the accuracy of their recipes?

The recipes featured on "America's Test Kitchen" are extensively tested by the show's hosts and chefs. Each recipe goes through multiple rounds of testing and is evaluated by a panel of taste testers to ensure it is accurate, reliable, and delicious. The show also provides in-depth explanations for why certain techniques and ingredients are used in each recipe.

5. Can viewers replicate the recipes from "America's Test Kitchen" at home?

Yes, the recipes featured on "America's Test Kitchen" are designed for home cooks and can be easily replicated in a home kitchen. The show's hosts provide clear and detailed instructions, as well as tips and tricks to help viewers achieve the same results as the recipes featured on the show.