Need some help to do a career survey

In summary, a career survey is a tool that helps individuals assess their interests, skills, values, and personality in relation to various career paths. It can be beneficial in guiding individuals towards a fulfilling and enjoyable career, as well as providing valuable information for career planning and decision-making. There are various methods for doing a career survey, such as online assessments or working with a career counselor. However, a career survey cannot determine an individual's ideal career, as it is ultimately up to the individual to explore their options and make a decision based on their own interests and goals. Anyone at any stage of their career can benefit from a career survey, whether they are a student or a working professional.
Derivative86
Hi, I am a student in TCHS located near LA, CA. I am currently attending a Pathways class; we are doing a career survey for our finals. I chose mathematics/physics as my career; I was wondering if you guys know anyone that has a career or profession in mathematics/physics that I can ask a few questions about their careers. Thank you for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I also answered the same question in another forum. Continue this there.

Hi there,

I'm happy to assist with your career survey! I'm not personally in the mathematics/physics field, but I do know a few people who are. I would recommend reaching out to your school's career center or guidance counselor for potential contacts in this field. You can also try networking with alumni from your school who have pursued careers in mathematics/physics. Additionally, you can reach out to professionals in this field through LinkedIn or other networking platforms.

Best of luck with your survey and your future career in mathematics/physics! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance.

1. What is a career survey?

A career survey is a tool that helps individuals assess their interests, skills, values, and personality in relation to various career paths. It typically involves a series of questions or assessments designed to provide insight into potential career options.

2. Why should I do a career survey?

A career survey can be beneficial in helping you understand your strengths and interests, which can guide you towards a career that you will find fulfilling and enjoyable. It can also provide valuable information for career planning and decision-making.

3. How do I do a career survey?

There are various ways to do a career survey, such as online assessments, self-reflection exercises, or working with a career counselor. It is important to choose a method that best suits your needs and provides accurate and reliable results.

4. Can a career survey determine my ideal career?

A career survey can provide valuable insights and suggestions, but it cannot determine your ideal career. It is ultimately up to you to explore your options and make the final decision based on your interests, values, and goals.

5. Is a career survey only for students or can anyone benefit from it?

A career survey can be beneficial for anyone at any stage of their career, whether you are a student trying to decide on a major or a working professional looking to make a career change. It can provide valuable information and guidance for anyone seeking career development or advancement.